Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thought for the Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Skytiger

Skytiger

Thought for the Day - Page 3 Empty
51PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 1:44 am

Nothing and no one can or will complete you. Only your own self confidence of your ability to contribute to the whole will lead to fulfillment, for without others we are nothing.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

52PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 7:15 am

We ask for a long life, but 'tis deep life, or grand moments, that signify.
Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

53PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 7:21 am

Skytiger wrote:
If you could accept the world as meaningless and let the truth be written upon it for you, it would make you indescribably happy.

ACIM

That's the happiness that I am talking about!  The world, though, involves the individual and the individual the world.  How else do we learn about ourselves without others and this playground that we call Earth......
Back to top Go down
http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

54PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:14 am

Skytiger wrote:
We ask for a long life, but 'tis deep life, or grand moments, that signify.
Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Emerson and his friend Thoreau were two of the first American philosophers to make serious studies of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Eastern religion in general ... and many of their sayings that are still quoted today are evidence of this.
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

55PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:24 am

Lady Guinevere wrote:
Skytiger wrote:
If you could accept the world as meaningless and let the truth be written upon it for you, it would make you indescribably happy.

ACIM

That's the happiness that I am talking about!  The world, though, involves the individual and the individual the world.  How else do we learn about ourselves without others and this playground that we call Earth......

IMO, Sky is referring to the Hindu/Buddhist concept that repressing evil and tuning in a Higher Power can liberate people from the Wheel of Reincarnation and allow them to merge with the Infinite Absolute, but is showing her doubt (which I share) by saying "indescribably happy" instead of the usual "enlightened", or "liberated".

And it looks to me like you are bringing us back to the Spiritualist concept that the human soul is supposed to undergo a process of evolution over the course of many lives, which both Sky and I have endorsed in many, many postings over the years.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

56PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Realityrebel wrote:
Lady Guinevere wrote:
Skytiger wrote:

ACIM

IMO, Sky is referring to the Hindu/Buddhist concept that repressing evil and tuning in a Higher Power can liberate people from the Wheel of Reincarnation and allow them to merge with the Infinite Absolute, but is showing her doubt (which I share) by saying "indescribably happy" instead of the usual "enlightened", or "liberated".

And it looks to me like you are bringing us back to the Spiritualist concept that the human soul is supposed to undergo a process of evolution over the course of many lives, which both Sky and I have endorsed in many, many postings over the years.

Actually the quote is from A COURSE IN MIRACLES, however I agree completely with RR. Earth is a place we come to, to put in motion what we learn in Spirit. However some of us get caught on the wheel of reincarnation due to the false belief that here is all there is, thus becoming trapped here, because we have forgotten our true identity as Spirit. I use quotes like this to hopefully help those who have forgotten our real home, remember.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

57PostSubject: HOW THE WORLD WILL END   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 5:14 am

The world will end in joy, because it is a place of sorrow. When joy has come, the purpose of the world has gone. The world will end in peace, because it is a place of war. When peace has come, what is the purpose of the world? The world will end in laughter, because it is a place of tears. Where there is laughter, who can longer weep?

ACIM
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

58PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 5:30 am

Skytiger wrote:
Realityrebel wrote:
Lady Guinevere wrote:
Skytiger wrote:

ACIM

Actually the quote is from A COURSE IN MIRACLES, however I agree completely with RR. Earth is a place we come to, to put in motion what we learn in Spirit. However some of us get caught on the wheel of reincarnation due to the false belief that here is all there is, thus becoming trapped here, because we have forgotten our true identity as Spirit. I use quotes like this to hopefully help those who have forgotten our real home, remember.

RR and Sky, I am aware of all that.  I have lived on other planets and planes too.  I remember one of my lives on another planet...well actually the place and what it looked like.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

59PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 9:03 am

LadyG, #38, re: "RR and Sky, I am aware of all that.  I have lived on other planets and planes too. I remember one of my lives on another planet...well actually the place and what it looked like."

I'm aware that you're aware, and I'm in the process of rereading all of your postings on the RR
General Board and making appropriate comments. So far, I've been so busy building the group on the structural level that I haven't done nearly as much posting in discussion threads as I would like to.
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

60PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:03 am

Realityrebel wrote:
LadyG, #38, re: "RR and Sky, I am aware of all that.  I have lived on other planets and planes too. I remember one of my lives on another planet...well actually the place and what it looked like."

I'm aware that you're aware, and I'm in the process of rereading all of your postings on the RR
General Board and making appropriate comments. So far, I've been so busy building the group on the structural level that I haven't done nearly as much posting in discussion threads as I would like to.

I think what you are doing is going great!  As for being busy here....well I am making some coloring books for my grandsons and my Windows program decided to do it's update right when I was doing them and it took it hours to complete.  Now I am going to be really busy today and tomorrow because we go meet my daughter and her family tomorrow around noon!  I have to get them done today and we are going out tonight!  So much to do and so little time!

The link to the FREE stuff for coloring books is: http://www.printactivities.com/Seasonal_Activities/Christmas_Activities.html
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

61PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 11:23 am

We spend a very tiny amount of our existence here on the so called wheel of life, as we grow into our real selves. cat
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

62PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Skytiger wrote:
We spend a very tiny amount of our existence here on the so called wheel of life, as we grow into our real selves. cat

This is what the majority of religious and occult belief systems teach, but my own past-life and pre-life memories all refer to the wheel of reincarnation. So I don't consider myself competent to make a well-informed comment on this.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

63PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 7:10 pm

I think of the wheel of life and the wheel of reincarnation as the same thing.
I separate our existence here and in spirit as, life and afterlife or life in the lab and the true life of spirit.

Hope that is clearer.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

64PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:33 am

I see all things as I would have them be.

ACIM

However do you see the good or the bad, a cup half full or half empty, the positive or the bad?
We do indeed see what we want to see, the choice is ours to make a heaven or hell of our world.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

65PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:02 am

Yes!

Here's one of my favorite songs, which address these matters from several different angles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzUEL7vw60U

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

66PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 10:52 am

How is it that we have different truths? What is true cannot change, at least to those who believe in it.
However what is true to one is not always truth to another.
Perhaps the wars over religions prove that no one has discovered the truth of God and Creation and all that came after.
Perhaps all we have discovered is our own selfish ego and followed it because its all we trust.
If so then we have made gods of ourselves, resulting in mass chaos built on the need to be right. cat
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

67PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 11:01 am

Realityrebel wrote:
Yes!

Here's one of my favorite songs, which address these matters from several different angles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzUEL7vw60U

I absolutely love THE BOXER, and all of SIMON AND GARFUNKLE's music. Got them all cat just wish they could have got along and made more albums Sad
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

68PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 4:19 pm

Sky, #67, re: "I absolutely love THE BOXER, and all of SIMON AND GARFUNKLE's music. Got them all ... just wish they could have got along and made more albums."

I don't think it would have mattered if they'd stayed together longer. Simon wrote the songs, and produced many really good ones after they parted company. Here's another of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5T6s25XK4
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

69PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:36 am

Be very careful what you wish for as you may get it, and find it only occupies a shelf in your closet of forgotten things.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

70PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 6:51 am

One has to face fear or forever run from it.

Crow
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

71PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 10:01 am

Crow calls to awaken you to your true soul purpose ...
to remind you to follow your heart"

Soul Wolf Journey - 2013

Thought for the Day - Page 3 I_Crow_callstoawakenyou_500-328_zpsgj8jjhc4
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

72PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 10:20 am

Love the Crow cat and the words I love you
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

73PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Here's another good one:

Thought for the Day - Page 3 I_Raven_SacredtoOdin_498-308_zpscbrjepfa
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

74PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 5:10 am

Merry Christmas

I second that!

Thought for the Day - Page 3 I_hopp10
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

75PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 6:24 am

Another year nearly done as a New Year is born jocolor
Let go of all the bad things of 2015, remember all the good things.
Make the New Year a better year.
cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

76PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thought for the Day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next