Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thought for the Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Thought for the Day - Page 4 Empty
76PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:30 am

Skytiger wrote:
Another year nearly done as a New Year is born jocolor
Let go of all the bad things of 2015, remember all the good things.
Make the New Year a better year.
cat

I wild thought just struck me: make New Years a three-day holiday.

On December 30th, we do what you just said.
On December 31st, we review the resolutions we made last New Years and then drown our sorrows when we find out how many we've broken.
And on December 1st, we honor our friends, forgive our enemies, and make a new set of resolutions.
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Skytiger

Skytiger

77PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 9:51 am

I completely agree Very Happy

I don't make new year resolutions. I do reflect on my actions during the past year, some I regret, some I'm proud of.

I try to call loved ones the 1st. cat
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

78PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 9:52 am

BTW, I love the frog band cheers
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

79PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:37 pm

Skytiger wrote:
BTW, I love the frog band cheers

Yeah, so do I, and I think I'll put it up at as the front page logo right after New Years. It's sort of a symbol that every day is a holiday, not just the ones that get recognized by governments, churches, etc.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

80PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 5:19 am

After taking a closer look at the "frog band" pict, I decided not to put it up on January 2nd after all because it's got a Christmas stocking and other details that tie it too closely to the Holiday season. So I'm now looking for something with no ties at all...
Back to top Go down
realikyBuilder
Admin
realikyBuilder

81PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:04 pm

Has there ever been a chemical war on people or on food ? I don't know

Are Hums ever excelling while develloping advanced civilizations ? probably by living by and exploring our raw organic natures
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

82PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 9:57 pm

reality builder wrote:
Has there ever been a chemical war on people or on food ? I don't know

Are Hums ever excelling while developing advanced civilizations ? probably by living by and exploring our raw organic natures

Chemical and biological warfare against both people and food has been going on all over the world throughout history. Think of all the famous people who have been poisoned. And it's always been common to expose enemies to various diseases by bringing infected people near them or putting small amounts of secretions or tissue from such people in their food.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

83PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:45 pm

I've put in so many enigmas and puzzles that it will keep the professors busy for centuries arguing over what I meant, and that's the only way of insuring one's immortality.

James Joyce commenting on Ulysses
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

84PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:42 am

He knows nothing; and he thinks he knows everything. That clearly points to a political career.

George Bernard Shaw
MAJOR BARBARA 1905

IMO the same can be said of a 'she'.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

85PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:02 am

Skytiger wrote:
He knows nothing; and he thinks he knows everything. That clearly points to a political career.

George Bernard Shaw
MAJOR BARBARA  1905

Yes! And if Hillary ends up running against The Donald, the next POTUS will indeed be in this category.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

86PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Dying is a troublesome business: there is pain to be suffered, and it wrings one's heart; but death is a splendid thing--a warfare accomplished, a beginning all over again, a triumph.
You can always see that in their faces.

George Bernard Shaw
Letter of condolence, July 1913
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

87PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:07 am

George Bernard Shaw has always been one of my heros, for many reasons, and these excerpts from his Wiki bio show one of them:

In his will, Shaw stated that his "religious convictions and scientific views cannot at present be more specifically defined than as those of a believer in creative revolution." He requested that no one should imply that he accepted the beliefs of any specific religious organization, and that no memorial to him should "take the form of a cross or any other instrument of torture or symbol of blood sacrifice."

In "The New Theology," he prepped his audience: "When you are asked, 'Where is God? Who is God?' stand up and say, 'I am God and here is God, not as yet completed, but still advancing towards completion, just in so much as I am working for the purpose of the universe, working for the good of the whole society and the whole world, instead of merely looking after my personal ends."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Bernard_Shaw
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

88PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:19 am

Music is spiritual. The music business is not.

Van Morrison
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

89PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:56 am

And here's one from another guy with the last name of Morrison:

The Lords: Notes on Vision

The Lords have secret entrances and they know disguises.
But they give themselves away in minor ways.
Too much glint of light in the eye. A wrong gesture.
Too long and curious a glance...

Yoga powers.
To make oneself invisible or small.
To become gigantic and reach to the farthest things.
To change the course of nature.
To place oneself anywhere in space or time.
To summon the dead.
To exalt senses and perceive inaccessible images,
of events on other worlds,
in one's deepest inner mind, or in the minds of others.

Jim Morrison
The Lords and the New Creatures: Poems (1969)
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

90PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 6:29 am

Karma can be deceiving when one comes in to help another repay a karmic debt. The one who did harm in a past life, may be repaid in the current lifetime by experiencing the same thing done to him/her, by the soul who was harmed in the past life.
This is decided by both before birth and agreed on. The soul who was harmed, now helps the soul who did the harm understand the pain they caused by experiencing the same thing.
Their is no bad karma for the soul who does the harm, because what they do helps the other clear bad karma earned in the past lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

91PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 5:52 am

The story of love is not important--what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity.

Helen Hayes

Unless of course, you remember where you come from and your true self.
Back to top Go down
BigK

92PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 6:38 am

Realityrebel wrote:
Skytiger wrote:

George Bernard Shaw
MAJOR BARBARA  1905

Yes! And if Hillary ends up running against The Donald, the next POTUS will indeed be in this category.

I see little difference between our present President B Obama and Donal Trump if you consider these factors, both were organizers and had numerous people to select from for their cabinets and advisers,one is more brash and comes of straight forward in his campaign just as the Prez did in his original running for the position..Much of their effectiveness also seems to be determined by the type of people and their collective experiences brought in to support the President, D Trump has more professional people in his surroundings and dealings which is a positive thing imo.
Obama won because he gave people hope and made many promises to many who wanted changes, Trump is also giving many people hope that changes can be made for a better America.
Interjecting my own observations leads me to believe BO has alienated both the Conservatives, the swing voters and many of the Democratic leaders..BO has demonstrated his weaknesses and the peaceful negotiation concept is not effective at this time when we as America is facing too many societies with the barbarian mentality and might is right..
There has been one crisis and disaster after another in BO's time as President, and it does no good to point fingers and play the blame game, things are messed up and the average person has no power to change things presently because the ballot box is not working as long as their exists power people situated well above the office of the Presidency.. many refuse to acknowledge this or admit it if they even suspect it.

The immigration situation is the latest bombshell to drop into our yard, although it has been going on for sometime the South of the Border are not where our focus should be, imo..allowing a large mass of people raised up in a different culture with their own codes of conduct and acceptable behavior is, those who have no intention of integrating themselves and adapting to our Western freedoms, customs and niceties and mainly laws.
The recent attacks by immigrants in Germany attests to this.
Do you want to grant more lawless people a fertile hunting ground on unsuspecting Americans ?
Cologne Germanys Governor is a progressive female, why would anyone want Hilliary with a similar mindset sitting in the chair of the Presidency ?

Last edited by BigK on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigK

93PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 6:43 am

All animals are equal — but some animals are more equal than others. ... It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word. .... I do not say give them up, for they may be all you have, but conceal them like a vice lest they spoil ... Truth alone will endure; all the rest will be swept away before the tide of time.

Animal Farm by George Orwell
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

94PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 4:38 pm

BigK, #92, re: "I see little difference between our present President B Obama and Donald Trump if you consider these factors, both were organizers and had numerous people to select from for their cabinets and advisers, one is more brash and comes of straight forward in his campaign just as the Prez did in his original running for the position. Much of their effectiveness also seems to be determined by the type of people and their collective experiences brought in to support the President, D Trump has more professional people in his surroundings and dealings which is a positive thing imo."

Actually, I think Hillary and Trump have more in common with each other than they do with Obama. Obama is a professional politician who's spent his whole adult life either working directly with public officials or holding office himself. Hillary Clinton was a politician's wife for a long time and then got groomed for the Presidency, but doesn't have that much skill at actually using the political system. Donald Trump is an excellent professional business man and entertainer who has long dealt with various government agencies from the outside, but again, he has no experience as a political insider. Electing either of them would be like going to a physician in private practice who never served an intership or worked for years in a clinic or hospital.

re: "Obama won because he gave people hope and made many promises to many who wanted changes, Trump is also giving many people hope that changes can be made for a better America. Interjecting my own observations leads me to believe BO has alienated both the Conservatives, the swing voters and many of the Democratic leaders..BO has demonstrated his weaknesses and the peaceful negotiation concept is not effective at this time when we as America is facing too many societies with the barbarian mentality and might is right...
There has been one crisis and disaster after another in BO's time as President, and it does no good to point fingers and play the blame game, things are messed up and the average person has no power to change things presently because the ballot box is not working as long as their exists power people situated well above the office of the Presidency... many refuse to acknowledge this or admit it if they even suspect it."

My opinion of Obama is that he is a moderate who got elected by promising to try and lead the country in certain specific directions, and he has made a serious effort to do this,
but has had only limited success due to massive resistence from Republicans in the legislative branch and the plutocratic business leaders who buy enormous power from behind the scenes. His opponents keep accusing him of not having leadership ability, but the fact that he's accomplished anything at all shows that he actually has quite a bit of it, even though the majority of people in the politico-economic power structure have have refused to follow him. He did fix the economy to a limited extent, he's kept us out of the kind of major foreign wars the two Bushes got us into, and he's handling the immigration problem with "benign neglect" by not deporting large numbers of people.

re: "The immigration situation is the latest bombshell to drop into our yard, although it has been going on for sometime the South of the Border are not where our focus should be, imo..allowing a large mass of people raised up in a different culture with their own codes of conduct and acceptable behavior is, those who have no intention of integrating themselves and adapting to our Western freedoms, customs and niceties and mainly laws.
The recent attacks by immigrants in Germany attests to this. Do you want to grant more lawless people a fertile hunting ground on unsuspecting Americans?"

It looks to me like the "immigration crisis" has been created by the Republicans for political purposes, and that if you take a hard look at the actual situation, the numbers of people entering country illegally has NOT increased during the two Obama Administrations, nor has the numbers of illegals committing crimes or taking jobs that otherwise would go to citizens. However, the actual problem with illegal aliens in the USA is something entirely different, that almost never gets mentioned. The ten to twelve million illegals who are already here working at lower wages than would ever be paid to citizens are so important to the total economy that it would completely crash and burn if they were either deported or prevented from working illegally. Obama knows this and so does Hillary, though they, like all mainstream politicians, are afraid to talk about it. I'm sure Donald Trump is also Aware of the facts I just pointed out, and his promise to deport all the illegals is just empty rhetoric that that he will wiggle out of implementing if elected.

re: "Cologne Germanys Governor is a progressive female, why would anyone want Hilliary with a similar mindset sitting in the chair of the Presidency."

IMO, Chancellor Merkle seems to be doing a pretty good job as chief executive in Germany, and the country itself is doing quite well on both the political and economic levels. American conservatives keep saying that the EU is about to crash and burn, but as I pointed above, this is much more likely to happen in the USA if Trump or any conservative Republican is elected POTUS in 2016.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

95PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 5:02 am

Some are smart but they are not wise.

Shoshone
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

96PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 5:27 am

Skytiger wrote:
Some are smart but they are not wise.

Shoshone

That's what the Shaman said to the Chief.
The Chief replied, "Some are wise, but they are not smart."
And the Lady in charge of the Tribal Council said:
"You'll both do fine as long as you listen to your Better Half."
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

97PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 6:01 am

Love that.

As I understand it from reading books, the North East tribes regarded the women as equals.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

98PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 6:14 am

Skytiger wrote:
Love that.

As I understand it from reading books, the North East tribes regarded the women as equals.

That's what they tell outsiders, but the realities are actually quite complex. The political structure of most tribes has men dominating the executive branch and women dominating the legislative and judicial branches. And the economic structure originally had the men doing most of the hunting and women doing most of the gathering and farming, which has been modernized into the men holding day jobs and the women running various kinds of small businesses within the community. But on the private level, the wife tends to "wear the pants" in the family rather than the husband, and almost direct reversal of the traditional family structure in most Western societies.

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

99PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 7:46 am

The dead add their strength and counsel to the living.

Hopi
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

100PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:13 am

A people without a language of its own is only half a nation. A nation should guard its language-- 'tis a surer barrier, and more important frontier, than fortress or river.

Thomas Davis, THE NATIONAL LANGUAGE
April 1843

I tend to agree, for if we cannot understand each other, how can we work together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

101PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thought for the Day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next