Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Something About Satan and Christhood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

Something About Satan and Christhood Empty
1PostSubject: Something About Satan and Christhood   Something About Satan and Christhood EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Christhood is not the same as spiritualizing the ego
Why is this so? Because being the Christ means being the open door for the Presence, whereby the Presence can express itself through you, unhindered of any filter in the lower mind. Unfortunately, many ascended master students have fallen prey to a very subtle illusion promoted by the fallen beings, namely that becoming the Christ means creating a sophisticated ego, that has taken on the appearance of a spiritual person.

If you look at the Christian religion, you will see, that for centuries it has raised up a certain image as the ideal for how a human being should be or behave—if that human being is spiritual or saintly. Many ascended master students have built onto this and have created an image for what it means to be the Christ, to attain Christhood. They think that this can be defined through some outer standard, such as looking a certain way, walking a certain way, talking a certain way. Nevertheless, as the old song goes, "walk like the Christ, talk like that Christ" but this does not make you Christ. I realize there is an old book, called The Imitation of Christ. And although there can be some validity to imitating a spiritual person, I must tell you, that attempting to adapt your outer behavior to a certain ideal, can only take you so far on the path—and it will not take you to Christhood.
Certainly, you can look at the world today, and you can find many people who have a behavior or a way of life, that is not conducive to any kind of spiritual growth, because it traps them into repeating certain patterns over and over again. So there can be value in for a time imitating a higher ideal, so that you free yourself from these worldly patterns of behavior. Nevertheless, if you think that continuing to refine your behavior according to some external ideal will get you to Christhood, then you are mistaken.
For there comes a point, where you need to recognize, that as long as you have an external standard, there will forever be a gap between your current state of consciousness and Christhood. For the external standard can only be a graven image, that you set before the true God of your I AM Presence. And if you think that you have to adapt your behavior to this external standard, you will also automatically think, that the expression of your I AM Presence through you must be adapted to this external standard. And thus, you will not be the open door for the Presence. You will not be open door to the winds of the Holy Spirit, that bloweth where it listeth.
http://www.ascendedmasterlight.com/ascended-master-light/date/26-2011/289-putting-satan-behind-you-or-putting-satan-between-you-and-god
Back to top Go down
http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

2PostSubject: What He Told Peter about the Satan Energy   Something About Satan and Christhood EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Ponder why the Spirit will not conform
I especially encourage you to consider what I have said already, that the Christ, that the flow of the Spirit, will never conform to the mental images and the mental boxes that you, or other people, or the fallen beings have created on earth. If you are to take advantage of this dispensation, you have to be awakened from your current state of consciousness. I am not hereby saying, that you are in an unacceptably low state of consciousness. It is not my intent here to reinforce the fallen beings' image, that there is something wrong with you if you are not living up to a certain standard. My point is simply this: no matter what level of consciousness you are at, the role of the Living Christ, the role of the Holy Spirit, is to take you to the next step up.

Throw away all value judgments about whether you are in a high enough state of consciousness or not, whether you live up to this or that or the next standard or image defined by any spiritual movement or religion on earth. Throw them all away, but we willing to recognize, that whatever state of consciousness you are in right now, my job is to help you rise to the next step up—and then go beyond that as you are willing.
For me to help you rise beyond your current level of consciousness, you must be willing to think outside of the mental box created by your current level of consciousness. And thus, you must be willing to recognize, that the Christ will not conform to that mental box and the mental images you have inside the box, the mental images that make up the box. If you think that being the Christ means living up to a certain standard, then I can only help you rise higher by challenging that standard. If you think that the directions I should give you from within yourself should live up to a certain predefined expectation that you have, then I can only truly help you by not conforming to that expectation.
Can you see what I am saying? I cannot help you, if I conform to your expectations and mental images. If I did indeed conform, then I would only validate and reinforce the spiritualized ego that you have created. And this I will not do. You will not get the ascended master Jesus Christ to validate your ego. Millions of people who have seen themselves as good Christians, have attempted to get me to validate the Christian, so to speak, egos they have created. You have no right to ask me to do this, and I have no obligation to conform to those who do ask.
I will not conform to your mental images. I will remain true to my vow to draw all men and women unto me, because I was lifted up from the earth. And I can draw you unto me, not by lowering myself to your expectation but by lifting you up beyond your expectation. How can this be so difficult to grasp? It can be difficult to grasp, when you look at the spiritual path, even the teachings of the ascended masters, from inside your mental box.
And therefore, anything we say, anything that comes to you, will be colored by your graven images before it reaches the conscious mind. That is why it is possible for a spiritual teacher to say something, that carries truth and wisdom, but the student does not receive it the way it was given. And this is what you saw in the situation, where Peter tells me that what I am telling him about me going to Jerusalem and suffering many things shall not come to pass—because it is beneath me according to his standard for what the Christ should be like. What did I say to Peter? I said: "Get thee behind me Satan!" For this is precisely the satanic consciousness, that wants the Christ to conform to its expectations—that wants the Christ to conform to the current conditions on earth instead of being the open door for raising up those conditions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

3PostSubject: Re: Something About Satan and Christhood   Something About Satan and Christhood EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 4:07 pm

As long as you're defining the Christ as "the flow of spirit" that inspires people to encourage their souls to evolve in positive directions, I agree with you completely. IMO this can be accomplished only by doing good works, not merely having faith. (Jesus taught, "Faith without works is dead".) And Jesus also spelled out how to do this: by trying to follow the Golden Rule, the Law of Karma, and the Law of Love. (Treat others as you would have them treat you, you shall reap what you sow, and love others as much as you love yourself.")

Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

4PostSubject: Re: Something About Satan and Christhood   Something About Satan and Christhood Empty

Back to top Go down

Something About Satan and Christhood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1