Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Religion, truth, belief

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skytiger

Skytiger

Religion, truth, belief Empty
1PostSubject: Religion, truth, belief   Religion, truth, belief EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 7:05 am

IMO every religion and belief system, has truth received directly from Creator, recorded history of themselves written by them, and a whole lot of self centered egotistical selfish ego that declares them to be the 'chosen people'.

If the truths from each belief system were put into one book, we would have a better knowledge of who we are, as well as a better understanding of creation, and Creator.

If we admit history is written by the 'winners' of the time, who usually rewrite the happenings of their time to make themselves look good and all others not so good. Some even insist that they actually helped those they conquered and sometimes made slaves of. The truth is someone wanted what others had, so they took it by force which they declared was a justified war. Proving the gigantic ego humans are prone to have.

As long as humans put self first, we will continue to disagree on beliefs, fighting over resources, thinking we're right and their wrong,

Sorta sounds like grade school kids on the play ground.

I know we're better than that. We just need to look at others and see our reflection in their eyes.
cat
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

2PostSubject: Re: Religion, truth, belief   Religion, truth, belief EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:12 am

Have you ever heard of the Akashic Records?  Interesting topic that is and every single thought or deed or event in our past ( don't temember if our future is there also) are in these records.

The movie "Bruce Almighty" touched on this just a tad bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Skytiger

Skytiger

3PostSubject: Re: Religion, truth, belief   Religion, truth, belief EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 8:44 am

cat
Yes I heard of them. We go their after every lifetime, after our life review. There we find understanding of self and why we experience certain things. We find our true self and understand the things in our lives that are karma related. We also find our true spirit name their.

Also others may read certain lives we have had if it will bring understanding to them. Sometimes the reading can be so real, that they believe they were that person. This is the reason more than one person thinks they were a famous person like Cleopatra or other historical persons.  This is called imprinting

Since there is no time in Spirit our future lives may indeed be there.  Something to ponder
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

4PostSubject: Re: Religion, truth, belief   Religion, truth, belief EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:02 pm

I got this excerpt from Crystalinks http://www.crystalinks.com/akashicrecords.html

"Description and Explanation of the Akashic records
The Akasha is said to be the library of all events and responses concerning consciousness in all realities. Every lifeform therefore contributes and has access to the Akashic Records. It is asserted that to gain access into the Akashic Records, every individual human can become the physical medium, and various techniques and spiritual disciplines (e.g., yogic, pranayama, meditation, prayer, visualization) can be employed to quiet the mind, become a "witness", and achieve the focused, preconscious state necessary to access the Records.
While accessing the Akashic Records, both the events and responses are said to be perceived. This is analogous to having a meta-enhanced cinematic experience. When accessing the future, the events are known, but the responses are only probable. Based on an individual's responses in the past, the Akashic seer/reader can investigate probable future responses and give the highest future probability. A simple illustration of this might be witnessing several alternate endings to the main characters in a movie (e.g., Run, Lola, Run). At some point in the evolution of the Akashic reader, however, a state of unification and awareness can be achieved whereby even the future responses are known with absolute clarity instead of only as a probability.

Claims and Skepticism
Believers in the Akasha make many claims about how widely the Akasha was used, including:

• The claim that the Vedas of Hindus and the language of Sanskrit itself were extracted from Akasha.

• The claim that in Egypt, those who could read the Akasha were held in high standing and would advise the Pharaohs on daily activities and dream interpretation.[citation needed]

• The claim that the Druid cultures of Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England (???-500 (est.)) demonstrated the ability to access the Akasha.[citation needed]

• The claim that the Bible refers to the Akasha records as the Book of Life in both the Old Testament (Psalm 69:28) and the New Testament (Philippians 4:3, Revelation 3:5, 13:8, 17:8, 20:12, 20:15 and Revelation 21:27 "Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.")

Despite claims that the Akashic Records have been used by mystics throughout history, there are not any direct references to the Akasha to be found in any of the historical documentation of the aforementioned groups. The term Akasha itself, along with the concept of an etheric library, originated with the 19th century movement of Theosophy. Skeptics say that the concept of Akashic Records has been attributed indiscriminately and inappropriately to a wide range of historical religious figures and movements.
Traditionally the theory has also been rejected by the scientific community, due to a lack of any independently verifiable evidence. Interestingly, Ervin Laszlo (2004) explores science and the Akashic Records in the spirit of Occam's razor, and champions the theory of the Records as resolving many anomalies within history, science and experience with simplicity."
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

5PostSubject: Re: Religion, truth, belief   Religion, truth, belief EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:26 pm

The explanation for Akashic records in the WiH channelings was simply that our physical subconscious mind transfers important information regarding the karma our thoughts, words, deeds during the present lifetime are generated into the astral mind that will take over when we "wake up dead" and start going through a life review. As soon as I channeled this back in the mid-Eighties, it struck me as self-evident, and much more elegant than the similar explanations in most religious and occult writings.
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

6PostSubject: Re: Religion, truth, belief   Religion, truth, belief EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:31 pm

So you are saying that Ellie doesn't know much about anything?  She has been around teaching these things and a whole lot more.  That may be your experience, but it may not be that of anyone else...that is what I am trying to tell others that tell me that my experiences are wrong too.  She is not occult and I think you are judginmg unfairly.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

7PostSubject: Re: Religion, truth, belief   Religion, truth, belief EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:52 am

Lady Guinevere wrote:
So you are saying that Ellie doesn't know much about anything?  She has been around teaching these things and a whole lot more.  That may be your experience, but it may not be that of anyone else...that is what I am trying to tell others that tell me that my experiences are wrong too.  She is not occult and I think you are judginmg unfairly.

I've never read any of Ellie's writings, and from the excerpts you've quoted, I think this would be a waste of my limited time. I assume that over the course of my long life as an occultist, I've studied most of the same published written material she has, but I've always also done active channeling from my Guides, so IMO, the very fact that "she is not occult" gives me a significant advantage over her.
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

8PostSubject: Re: Religion, truth, belief   Religion, truth, belief EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Wow, do I detect a bit of arrogance in your reply?  Why yes, I think that I do.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

9PostSubject: Re: Religion, truth, belief   Religion, truth, belief EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Lady Guinevere wrote:
Wow, do I detect a bit of arrogance in your reply?  Why yes, I think that I do.

If you want to detect arrogance, feel free. I personally don't make value judgments like that on people. However, I do make them on written material: some of it looks like it's worth reading and some doesn't. Quite a bit your writing falls into the latter category and I ignore it, but that does NOT mean I disrespect you for writing it or would ever recommend that someone else ignore it. Each of us is the best judge of what ideas and opinions are useful to us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

10PostSubject: Re: Religion, truth, belief   Religion, truth, belief Empty

Back to top Go down

Religion, truth, belief
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1