Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Silver Cord

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

The Silver Cord Empty
1PostSubject: The Silver Cord   The Silver Cord EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 5:50 pm

When we have an Out Of Body Experience some can see a silver cord, sometimes called the Astral Cord, as they float through space.  This cord is the cord that holds our soul to the brain and the body that we are incarnate in.  If that cord detaches when we are having such an OOBE then we die and the body and brain detach from the soul leaving us to be free floating or on another ethereal plane.  There is a reference to it in the Bible and there are also other cultures or beliefs that have this knowledge too.  See more information on this site for the list below: http://www.paranormal.de/ballabene/obe/english/cord.htm

• Hinduism “From "L'art de l'himalaya" of Madanjeet Singh, Weber Verlag 1968 (UNESCO) (german edition). The soul is carried away by Yama (the god of death).

• Taoist “From: "Geheimnis der Goldenen Blüte", by Richard Wilhelm, with commentation of C.G. Jung, page 129 (german edition).

text: meditation 3. phase: separation of the spiritual body from the physical body, as an independeant body existance. “  

• Schamanism A detailed explanation concerning the rope-trick by Mircea Eliade you can read in the book "Schamanismus und archaische Ekstasetechnik" (german edition), Rascher Verl., Zürich, page 402 - 405. Sorry that I only know the German title and that no English passage is brought!

The rope-trick is known in India, Marokko and other countries like:
Tibet:
Heinrich Harrer "Impressionen aus Tibet", S. 16
Tibet, Bon:
Eliade , like above, page 405”
• German and Greek. In old myths very often the three Norns are mentioned - Urd, Werdandi und Skuld, spinning the cord of life, measuring it and cutting it. In old myths very often the three Norns are mentioned - Urd, Werdandi und Skuld, spinning the cord of life, measuring it and cutting it.”

According to Wikipedia this is their definition:
“The silver cord in metaphysical studies and literature, also known as the sutratma or life thread of the antahkarana, refers to a life-giving linkage from the higher self (atma) down to the physical body. It also refers to an extended synthesis of this thread and a second (the consciousness thread, passing from the soul to the physical body) that connects the physical body to the etheric body, onwards to the astral body and finally to the mental body.”  
I have had a few Out Of Body Experiences.  In either one did I see a sliver cord or any cord at all.  I did feel the rubber band effect on both of them though.  It was quiet surprising and a bit unsettling.
The one Out Of Body experience that I had I was floating over New York City.  I have no idea why I was there.  It was dark there and I could see the streets below me and all the lights were on in the city.  It was really very pretty.  I had no feelings of the five senses or time.  I only had the sense of sight and motion.  I could go anywhere that I wanted just by a thought.  Well I must have stayed too long as that rush of moving fast; much like what a rubber band does when it is stretched too far does. I was jolted back into my physical body.  My body did jump when that happened.  I had no control over this and I have tried to do it several times throughout my life but have not managed it yet.

The other one was a saving grace.  I was in a very bad situation and was pulled from my body.  That was a strange one because I do not remember slipping back into my body, but must have or I would not be here on this earth on this physical plane and be able to communicate and have all the sense that are within the physical body.
The last one that I had was when I had hit rock bottom in my life and did not see how I was going to survive.

BIBLICAL REFERENCE
When I started looking up information about this silver cord, of which I knew about many, many years ago, I found it mentioned in the Bible in Ecclesiastes 12:6.  Now, the person that I am, I will read a few verses before and after those given.  Sometimes I will read the whole paragraph so that I can get the full meaning of the subject matter.  In Ecclesiastes it is explained that life or the body and soul and energy of us is like a lamp.  Here is the scriptures so that you can read it.

Ecclesiastes 12: 6-7  6 While that the silver cord is not removed, And the golden bowl broken, And the pitcher broken by the fountain, And the wheel broken at the well.
7 And the dust returneth to the earth as it was, And the spirit returneth to God who gave it.

I find it hard to understand that one.  Here is a couple ways that you may understand this that I have equated it too as we know in the workings of today.

THE TRINITY
The way that I can picture this silver cord is by way of an Out Of Body Experience were you seeing this cord connecting an ethereal body to the physical body that we are in.  There may be more than one entrance to the physical body but is tied into the one main cord from the ethereal body also known as the Soul.  This ethereal body is energy which we all have.  It does not die like the physical body does.  There ae three parts as it is described in the Bible, The Soul, The Brain and The body.  In my opinion this would also be the Holy Trinity.  

ELECTRICAL CURRENT
Another way to understand it would be from an Electrician’s point of view.  Imagine an electrical cord.  It has a Negative, a positive and a ground wire.  All three of these work when plugged in.  Whatever it plugs into is energy and comes from all three parts of that cord together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Skytiger

Skytiger

The Silver Cord Empty
2PostSubject: Re: The Silver Cord   The Silver Cord EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:23 am

I remember retracing my steps when I was very young so l wouldn't get my silver cord tangled up. This was during the time I was out of my body more than in it.
cat
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

The Silver Cord Empty
3PostSubject: Re: The Silver Cord   The Silver Cord EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 2:46 am

Skytiger wrote:
I remember retracing my steps when I was very young so l wouldn't get my silver cord tangled up. This was during the time I was out of my body more than in it.
cat

That's very interesting. I have similar memories, but it's very hard for me to recall any of the details of anything I experienced before the age of four, when I gained sudden access to a lot of past-life memories.
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

The Silver Cord Empty
4PostSubject: Re: The Silver Cord   The Silver Cord EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 5:21 am

Lots of kids have past life memories but the mainstream Christianity seems to supress them.  I don't know why.  Again Jesus had them too and his is also being supressed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Skytiger

Skytiger

The Silver Cord Empty
5PostSubject: Re: The Silver Cord   The Silver Cord EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 5:36 am

Realityrebel wrote:
Skytiger wrote:
cat

That's very interesting. I have similar memories, but it's very hard for me to recall any of the details of anything I experienced before the age of four, when I gained sudden access to a lot of past-life memories.

I could also see the light in the cord.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

The Silver Cord Empty
6PostSubject: Re: The Silver Cord   The Silver Cord EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:59 am

Skytiger wrote:
Realityrebel wrote:
Skytiger wrote:
cat

I could also see the light in the cord.

My take on this is that the "light in the cord" is the life force itself, and that it's almost always mentioned in NDE accounts ... which to me is evidence that the person was never really "dead" but simply perceiving the Other Side with his or her psychic senses.
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

The Silver Cord Empty
7PostSubject: Re: The Silver Cord   The Silver Cord Empty

Back to top Go down

The Silver Cord
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Reality Rebel :: Discussions :: General-