Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kathy Griffin's "Trump's Severed Head" Picture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Kathy Griffin's "Trump's Severed Head" Picture Empty
1PostSubject: Kathy Griffin's "Trump's Severed Head" Picture   Kathy Griffin's "Trump's Severed Head" Picture EmptyWed May 31, 2017 8:47 am

Here's a link to an article about here alleged apology for circulating the image, but it doesnt mention what I saw on the live clip of it that CNN has since taken down: namely that she was rolling her eyes and giving other body-language signs that she was acting under duress and isn't really sorry at all. CNN has also run footage showing various famous people saying the picture was neither funny nor a legitimate protest. I call bullshit. It WAS funny, and no more graphic than lots of well-known protest photos.

An apologetic Kathy Griffin took to Instagram to issue a mea culpa for participating in a photo shoot that featured her holding up a bloody head resembling President Donald Trump.

"I'm a comic," she said. "I cross the line. I move the line, then I cross it. I went way too far. The image is too disturbing. I understand how it offends people. It wasn't funny. I get it."
She said she is asking celebrity photographer Tyler Shields to take down the photo.
"I beg for your forgiveness. I went too far," she said in the post on Tuesday. "I made a mistake and I was wrong."
Earlier Tuesday, Shields, who is known for his provocative images, released photos he did with Griffin that immediately came under fire from people on Twitter.
The president's son, Donald Trump Jr, called the imagery "disgusting but not surprising."
Chelsea Clinton, daughter of Trump's one-time campaign rival Hillary Clinton, called the photo "vile and wrong."
"It is never funny to joke about killing a president," she wrote on Twitter.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/30/entertainment/kathy-griffin-trump-tyler-shields/

I have a copy of the photo on my hard drive, but for the time being, I'm not posting it on line. Here's a link to an article showing it that was still on line when I posted this:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/31/barron-trump-thought-donald-beheaded-image-real/
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com

Kathy Griffin's "Trump's Severed Head" Picture
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Reality Rebel :: Discussions :: General-