Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Download????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skytiger

Skytiger

Download???? Empty
1PostSubject: Download????   Download???? EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 1:19 pm

I keep getting a box that says I must upgrade to Java. I keep ignoring it because my computer doesn't list it under updates.
Do I need this? I only get the message here, no other sites mention it.
Since I got hacked by following a like message, I don't trust the message.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Download???? Empty
2PostSubject: Re: Download????   Download???? EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Sorry its flash drive, not java
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Download???? Empty
3PostSubject: Re: Download????   Download???? EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Skytiger wrote:
I keep getting a box that says I must upgrade to Java. I keep ignoring it because my computer doesn't list it under updates.
Do I need this? I only get the message here, no other sites mention it.
Since I got hacked by following a like message, I don't trust the message.

Ever since I switched to Windows 10, I've been getting that pop-up and similar ones quite frequently. Right now, I have one just above the blank I'm typing this reply in that reads"You are missing or need to update your flash video downloader - Install Flash Video Downloader" I've never clicked on any of these myself, but I've read plenty of complaints from W10 users who have clicked on them and gotten hacked.

However, switching to another Operating System would be a big deal, even if I knew about one that would be better, which I don't. So I stick to W10, which has worked very well for me so far except for this one problem. And I also know what a user needs to do to prevent getting hacked if he or she accidentally clicks on one of these popups. What you do is right-click on the task bar at the bottom of the page, then let-click on "Task Manager". When the Task Manager opens scroll down till you come to the name of your browser. Mine is "Google Chrome (32 bit)". It will probably be quite a ways down and usually appears two or three times in a row. What you do next is click on each one and then on "End Task" at the bottom right until they are all gone. At that time, you need to close your browser and open it again, and then return to where you were before. This is a lot of work, but it will keep you from getting hacked even if you clicked on one of these bad pop-ups.

Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com

Download????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Reality Rebel :: Discussions :: General-