Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Childhood's End

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

Childhood's End Empty
1PostSubject: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 4:03 pm

I am watching Childhood's End. What are your thoughts on it? It is a series made from one of Arthur C. Clarkes novles that he wrot in 1954.
‪#‎scifi‬
Back to top Go down
http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Childhood's End Empty
2PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Lady Guinevere wrote:
I am watching Childhood's End. What are your thoughts on it? It is a series made from one of Arthur C. Clarkes novles that he wrot in 1954.
‪#‎scifi‬

I read the book when I was in grade school and thought it was really great, but can't remember anything about the actual plot or characters. And I think a number of movies and TV shows have been based on it over the years, but I've either forgotten them or never saw them.
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

Childhood's End Empty
3PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 7:21 am

When I watched the first one, I thought of the Series that was on in the early 80' "V"
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Childhood's End Empty
4PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 11:46 am

Lady Guinevere wrote:
When I watched the first one, I thought of the Series that was on in the early 80' "V"

I remember being in the room a few times as some or my housemates watched "V" and wasn't interested enough to actually sit down and watch myself. However, I should point out that I behaved the same way years earlier when the same happened with "Startrek".
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

Childhood's End Empty
5PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 8:46 am

I don't see any similarity with Star Trek and this seires or even that of "V".  Totally difference concept.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Childhood's End Empty
6PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 9:05 am

Lady Guinevere wrote:
I don't see any similarity with Star Trek and this seires or even that of "V".  Totally difference concept.

The only two sci-fi genres that still impress me are those similar to the "2001" movie and to "Star Wars". Both of these seem to draw on Eastern myths that involve spiritual development, whereas most of the rest seem to based on more sordid Western myths, such as vampires, werewolves, hero worship and villain demonization, etc. Even modern eutopian and dystopian sci-fi seems rooted in Greek or Germanic mythology, and of course many different themes from the Abrahamic religions also have a lot of influence: the Golem, genies, saviors, deals the Devil, etc.

Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

Childhood's End Empty
7PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 9:12 am

Did you even watch these three shows in the series?  I really don't care what religious or mythological roots they have.  I care more about how people are relational to each other and their concepts. 

Now in the first of the series Aliens came to Earth and told everyone that they were going to give new life to the planet.  They said that they would have no wars, famines and the like.  So they did that.  There was this kid that was in a wheelchair and for some reason they chose to protect him and when he was shot by a drug dealer that was bullying his mother, the aliens beemed a light on the drug dealer after he shot the boy.  They fried him and saved the boy.  The aliens used a guy from Missori as their spokesperson.....I can't go into much details, but at the end of that first show the aliens did in fact show themselves......It is interesting as to what/who it was and it flipped some switches in peoples minds....of the ones in the series and those who are watching it.
Now I have been sick and have yet to see the second and the last shows but I have them recorded and will wtch them this weekend.

Open your mind....because there is something different out there.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Childhood's End Empty
8PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 9:17 am

Lady Guinevere wrote:
Did you even watch these three shows in the series?  I really don't care what religious or mythological roots they have.  I care more about how people are relational to each other and their concepts. 

Now in the first of the series Aliens came to Earth and told everyone that they were going to give new life to the planet.  They said that they would have no wars, famines and the like.  So they did that.  There was this kid that was in a wheelchair and for some reason they chose to protect him and when he was shot by a drug dealer that was bullying his mother, the aliens beemed a light on the drug dealer after he shot the boy.  They fried him and saved the boy.  The aliens used a guy from Missori as their spokesperson.....I can't go into much details, but at the end of that first show the aliens did in fact show themselves......It is interesting as to what/who it was and it flipped some switches in peoples minds....of the ones in the series and those who are watching it.
Now I have been sick and have yet to see the second and the last shows but I have them recorded and will wtch them this weekend.

Open your mind....because there is something different out there.

OK, I'll watch these three shows as soon as I get the opportunity and post comments on them here when I do.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Childhood's End Empty
9PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:31 am

I just spent most of Sunday watching all 3 episodes back to back.
Really enjoyed them.
It reminded me of a show on either THE TWILIGHT ZONE or THE OUTTER LIMITS, which had the 'savior' of man looking like most people think the devil looks like.

In truth, at least in my opinion, there is no devil except our selfish ego.
When the religious woman shot the devil character, he was 'saved' by the man who acted as a go between mankind and the alien. This could also represent our need to be good overcome by our so called selfish wants of material things. Or put simply our selfish wants win over our selfless actions.

Am going to get it for my collection.
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

Childhood's End Empty
10PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 8:04 am

Skytiger wrote:
I just spent most of Sunday watching all 3 episodes back to back.
Really enjoyed them.
It reminded me of a show on either THE TWILIGHT ZONE or THE OUTTER LIMITS, which had the 'savior' of man looking like most people think the devil looks like.

In truth, at least in my opinion, there is no devil except our selfish ego.
When the religious woman shot the devil character, he was 'saved' by the man who acted as a go between mankind and the alien. This could also represent our need to be good overcome by our so called selfish wants of material things. Or put simply our selfish wants win over our selfless actions.

Am going to get it for my collection.

When I watched the first show adn it showed the Devil as the God, or overseer, it got me to thinking, again about what the Devil or Satan was int he Bible.
Satan was supposed to be the most beautiful Angel that God ever created.  
1.  Is what the looks of the Devil or Satan that is depicted on the show an in religiou that likes of what real Beauty is supposed to look like?
2.  What made humans depicts a very scarey icon of what beauty is and twist it from the most beautiful angel to the most horrific looking one?
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Childhood's End Empty
11PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 8:46 am

I'm sure the Devil looking race think the human race less attractive than them, IF they even consider outward looks aka how the body looks.
Real beauty is found within a person, how they treat others and the world around us.
The most beautiful looking person can be a completely evil person, as the most ugly person can be beautiful in actions and deeds.
IMO Creator could care less what we look like on the outside, but only cares what we are on the inside.
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

Childhood's End Empty
12PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 1:38 pm

I just finished watching the whole series.  I can see how everything much play out in the universe and how everything is connected and also the rise in consciousness with all the children.  
This all pulls together the concept that humanity doesn't really die as the children were sent to another world just as I believe that we were children from another world that were sent here as well.  I know and have had visions of the world that I was sent from many eons ago.  I have been on this planet for many lifetimes.  
Beauty and what we look like really isn't important and after a while watching this show I kind of liked what the other race looked like considering what their world is like...and they even said that their world will end some day too....it is all in the master plan....and we all made this world and universes up.
They mentioned about the consciousness and thought playing together as one.
I will watch this over and over again because each time I will understand more of it.
I didn't get the first show, The Overlords, though but there is enough of it in the second one and the thrid one too to keep it fresh.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Childhood's End Empty
13PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 12:42 pm

Maybe it will come out on DVD. If it does I will probably buy one, as I think one can understand it more.
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

Childhood's End Empty
14PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 5:09 pm

You can watch it here:
http://www.syfy.com/childhoodsend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Childhood's End Empty
15PostSubject: Re: Childhood's End   Childhood's End Empty

Back to top Go down

Childhood's End
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum