Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What should I do next?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

What should I do next? Empty
1PostSubject: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 3:48 pm

Update on Sun 15 Nov 2015

This FMRR Forum now has ten members and a significant amount of posting on the General Forum. I've already uploaded a complete copy of my 1988 "War in Heaven" book in the Forum of that name, with each chapter in a separate thread, but for the time being, I don't intend to do more importing of material from my Yuku Communities. My focus right now is on recruiting more members, and this effort is being conducted from the "No Holds Barred" Forum, because it has to involve significant mention of activities on other Web discussion groups, and as such has to be considered too controversial for the General Forum.

I'm still asking myself "What should I do next to recruit more members?" I've already posted on the "Sanctuary" and on Arti's "Tyranny Watch" Community, using a signature that contains the RR addy, but so far have gotten no response. And it's probably a waste of time and energy to post on Yuku Communities frequented mostly by members of the CvsNC crowd. Those people can still visit the Yuku NHB if they feel like it and then take a look at RR on their own, so there's no reason for me to belabor the obvious.

The problem is, I'm not currently posting on any other Web discussion groups, and I don't have the technical skill required to use Twitter and Google+ as recruiting grounds. I'm hoping that some of the present RR members do have these skills and can tell me what to do. And I'm also wondering if anyone reading this can post addys of discussion forums I might take a look at to see if there are potential RR members there...

Update on Mon 16 Nov 2015

I'm still wondering "what to do next", but IMO, there is already enough activity here by a diverse membership to keep the group going indefinitely, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out two things while trying to learn how to recruit new members. I opened the NHB Community and pushed the "Yuku" button at the top right of the front page, which took me to the Yuku Home Page, where the most prominent feature was a search blank containing the instructions, "Find It on Forums". The first subject I ran was "war in heaven", and the seemingly endless page that popped up contained what looked like hundreds of messages on that subject posted on various open Yuku communities over the last several years, about half of which were on RS, NHB, and other venues where I others I know well post regularly. The same held true when I ran "spiritualism", "spiritual revolution" and similar subjects. However, not a single message on these same subjects any of us posted on CvsNC or any other closed group over the same period of time popped up. Apparently, Yuku's search engines read only on open communities, which makes me extremely glad I've always kept my own Communities open.

That's the good news. But there are two pieces of bad news. The first is that I visited a lot of the communities on those same pages and didn't find any that seem worth posting on in an effort to recruit new members for this RR Forum. And the second is that the massive publicity the Yuku Community "Find It on Forms" searches have given to NHB over its short lifetime doesn't seem to have attracted a single new member. Everyone who ever joined NHB either came from CNC or was invited personally by NHB members through PM, e-mail, or postings in other rooms.

So I still have no idea how to attract significant numbers of new members to RR, but I'm very happy to find out that my policy of keeping all of my groups open to public view seems to be a good idea, and that Yuku has given my groups and the postings on them so much free publicity. And I'm now wondering if we should move a certain number of messages every week from here to RS or NHB, just to keep on getting the free publicity.

Last edited by Realityrebel on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Skytiger

Skytiger

2PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 6:28 pm

I think posting on both sites, letting members at NHB know about this site, which IMO once one gets use to how this site works, they will like it better here. Things work easier here and no spam erasing my posts before I've finished them.

As for which name to use, that is entirely up to you. Which one do more people know you by? Which one are you more comfortable with?

I've know you mostly as Spirit Rebel, but will use the name your most comfortable with.

I noticed that CvNC have closed their Yuku site and are using the same Forum we are using here. I have no plans to join their new group.  I only mention it because they must think this forum is better than the old.

I also think former  members will join us here. Knowing myself being one who doesn't pay attention to time, it might take them longer than me to realize groups have moved.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

3PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 7:41 pm

Sky, #2, re: "I think posting on both sites, letting members at NHB know about this site, which IMO once one gets use to how this site works, they will like it better here. Things work easier here and no spam erasing my posts before I've finished them."

If anyone posts on NHB, I will reply and ask the to read the "I am leaving Yuku" thread, which I think gives a pretty good explanation of why I created this Forum.

re: "As for which name to use, that is entirely up to you. Which one do more people know you by? Which one are you more comfortable with? I've know you mostly as Spirit Rebel, but will use the name your most comfortable with."

I intend to use the Realityrebel name here except when I'm posting on the two Forums devoted to the WiH books and my more recent writings on Revolutionary Spiritualism. So it's probably best to address me as "Reb" or "RR". And I may also go back to using my real first name (Kyle) frequently here as I did on the old MSN Reality Checkpoint and the Yuku RS Community during its heyday.

Back to top Go down
Patty

Patty

4PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:57 am

I'm here as well Spirit Rebel. I'm thinking along the lines that it is a new slate and new beginning for you. sometimes it is tiresome to bring everything from one forum to another. I have done it before.

I love you
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

5PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:26 am

I really don't care what you call yourself, just let me know what that is so I don't flub that up. I like the feel of this group set up and it surely seems to be simpler. Unless specifically asked, I won't join any other groups that are transferring to here. I will still keep mine on YUKU only because I don't have the time to be moving anyone around right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

6PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 8:01 am

Welcome aboard, Patty! IMO it will be way cool to see you taking part in regular discussions with average Web users...
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

7PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 8:10 am

ladyguinevere45@gmail.com wrote:
I really don't care what you call yourself, just let me know what that is so I don't flub that up.  I like the feel of this group set up and it surely seems to be simpler.  Unless specifically asked, I won't join any other groups that are transferring to here.  I will still keep mine on YUKU only because I don't have the time to be moving anyone around right now.

Right now, I'm figuring on using the Realityrebel user name practically all of the time, shortened to Reb or RR.

And I don't think there's any urgency in moving here from Yuku. IMO, if Yuku does fold, this will take several years, as was the case with MSN Groups back in 2008-2009. I just wanted to get an early start because I intend to move a large amount of material, editing a lot of it in the process.

Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

8PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 11:19 am

It's been exactly a week since I started this thread, and RR now has ten members and a number of active discussions taking place on the General Forum. However, I'm still asking myself "What should I do next?" My gut-level feeling is to make a real effort to recruit more members, and I still have no idea how to go about it.

I've already posted on the "Sanctuary" and on Arti's "Tyranny Watch" Community, using a signature that contains the RR addy, but so far have gotten no response. And it's probably a waste of time and energy to post on Yuku Communities frequented mostly by members of the CvsNC crowd. Those people can still visit the Yuku NHB if they feel like it and then take a look at RR on their own, so there's no reason for me to belabor the obvious.

The problem is, I'm not currently posting on any other Web discussion groups, and I don't have the technical skill required to use Twitter and Google+ as recruiting grounds. I'm hoping that some of the present RR members do have these skills and can tell me what to do.

And I'm also wondering if anyone reading this can post addys of discussion forums I might take a look at to see if there are potential RR members there...
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

9PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 6:30 pm

I'm still wondering "what to do next" here on on the RR Forum, but at this point it looks like the group is going to grow spontaneously like a living thing, or evolve by a process of mutation and selection like a species so it looks like the best course for me is try to learn by trial and error. There is already enough activity here by a diverse membership to keep the group going indefinitely, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out two things while trying to learn how to recruit new members.

I opened the NHB Community and pushed the "Yuku" button at the top right of the front page, which took me to the Yuku Home Page, where the most prominent feature was a search blank containing the instructions, "Find It on Forums". The first subject I ran was "war in heaven", and the seemingly endless page that popped up contained what looked like hundreds of messages on that subject posted on various open Yuku communities over the last several years, about half of which were on RS, NHB, and other venues where I others I know well post regularly. The same held true when I ran "spiritualism", "spiritual revolution" and similar subjects. However, not a single message on these same subjects any of us posted on CvsNC or any other closed group over the same period of time popped up. Apparently, Yuku's search engines read only on open communities, which makes me extremely glad I've always kept my own Communities open.

That's the good news. But there are two pieces of bad news. The first is that I visited a lot of the communities on those same pages and didn't find any that seem worth posting on in an effort to recruit new members for this RR Forum. And the second is that the massive publicity the Yuku Community "Find It on Forms" searches have given to NHB over its short lifetime doesn't seem to have attracted a single new member. Everyone who ever joined NHB either came from CNC or was invited personally by NHB members through PM, e-mail, or postings in other rooms.

So I still have no idea how to attract significant numbers of new members to RR, but I'm very happy to find out that my policy of keeping all of my groups open to public view seems to be a good idea, and that Yuku has given my groups and the postings on them so much free publicity. And I'm now wondering if we should move a certain number of messages every week from here to RS or NHB, just to keep on getting the free publicity.

Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

10PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:41 am

I'm going to keep editing the OP of this thread that shows on the boards so contains information useful to newcomers who read this message on the Portal, so here is the original text of the OP of this thread, as posted back on Nov 8, 2015

I just got through posting the complete text of the "War in Heaven" book into the Forum of that name. I did this using the Spiritrebel user name, but I've now switched back to Realityrebel and I'm wondering if I should now post material from the RS Community on the Information Revolution, switch back to SR and post more material on Revolutionary Spiritualism. or create threads on both the General and No Holds Banned Forums intended to start discussions in real time. There are currently just three of us: me, Sky, and RB, and I have no idea if more people are going join soon. I've taken a look at some of the other forumotion Forums discussing subjects similar to the ones I would like to discuss here, and so far I haven't felt any motivation to post on them. So I'd like to see if either of you have any suggestions...
Back to top Go down
regmelocco

11PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 1:06 pm

So far this is an excellent job, and quite an achievement.
I saw the funny graphics today, and I had a refreshing laugh. Yes, this is more like the company I desire...

The only technical question I have right now is how do I make a new thread?
One thing I thought is this article:
Thoughtful article
which is written by one of my favorite philosophy teachers Miklos Tamas Gaspar, translated into English by the author though the original is more grasping in Hungarian. The author was actually hosted by me and my first wife teaching a counterculture philosophy class in 1984... the good old days.
Happy thanksgiving if you celebrate!
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

12PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 7:19 pm

reg, #11, re: So far this is an excellent job, and quite an achievement."

Thanks from the bottom of my little fly catchin' heart! I tend to think more about the things that need changing or adding than I do about the things that are working.

re: "I saw the funny graphics today, and I had a refreshing laugh. Yes, this is more like the company I desire..."

Yeah, I ran a Google on "funny thanksgiving pictures" and was pleasantly surprised to find one I thought was totally appropriate as a Forum logo for the holiday. And this inspired me to create the "Logo picts for the RR Forum" thread on the Welcomes and Introductions Forum, so I wouldn't have to agonize about having to take it down so soon.

re: "The only technical question I have right now is how do I make a new thread?"

When you open a Forum, your browser should show a button labeled "New Topic" at the top right of the page. If you click on it, a reply blank appears that's identical of the one you get when you click on "Add Reply" at the bottom of a message. The only difference is that the message title is mandatory, and will become the title of the new thread, rather than being arbitruary as it is in a reply.

re: "One thing I thought is this article: "Thoughtful article" which is written by one of my favorite philosophy teachers Miklos Tamas Gaspar, translated into English by the author though the original is more grasping in Hungarian. The author was actually hosted by me and my first wife teaching a counterculture philosophy class in 1984... the good old days."

If I were making a thread for this article, I'd create it on the RSGE Forum and use "The meaning of the refugee crisis" as the title. And your intro above would make an excellent OP. Then I'd post the entire text of the article as message #2, with some comments by me #3 intended to start discussions of two or three points in it I considered most important.

re: "Happy thanksgiving if you celebrate!"

I'm writing this reply at seven in the evening of Thanksgiving day, and I just got back from helping with serving a Thanksgiving dinner for homeless people. I do similar service on all the major holidays, and always feel really good both during and after the experience.

And the first line of your comment reminds me that the initial phase of the FMRR project is also something to be thankful for...
Back to top Go down
realikyBuilder
Admin
realikyBuilder

13PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 7:31 pm

RR#12 : "And the first line of your comment reminds me that the initial phase of the FMRR project is also something to be thankful for..."

I don't know what you mean by FMRR project but it evokes something great throught my soundmeaning emotions.

So let me join Reg and U in thanking back all spirits in both conditions who have been helping us by all means so far <3
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

14PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 7:40 pm

reality builder wrote:
RR#12 : "And the first line of your comment reminds me that the initial phase of the FMRR project is also something to be thankful for..."

I don't know what you mean by FMRR project but it evokes something great throught my soundmeaning emotions.

So let me join Reg and U in thanking back all spirits in both conditions who have been helping us by all means so far <3

I think of this Forum and everyone connected to it, as the "FMRR project", the acronym standing for "ForuMotion RealityRebel". And as I look at things, "everyone" includes the people scattered all over the world who post here ... and their Spirit Guides as well.
Back to top Go down
regmelocco

15PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 7:23 am

RR, If you want the forum to be found more, I wonder if it is too far off to have a very simple, descriptive web page with a domain name... SEO-s find people quicker and you can provide page titles and keywords for search engines. There are several build-it-yourself sites, it costs about a hundred dollars to publish a domain (once you're complete) for a couple of years.

It is also possible to leave it as it is unpaid at the self-build site but it is a very complex address. However, I think SEO-s will find it if you supply the keywords. I am not sure - I have a test page also at one of these so I will test it out with an IT expert shortly.

Then you can have invitation and links to discussion forums, and also upload the book by chapters. It took me a couple of days to build a site on wix.com with moving graphics - but I am only learning about SEO optimization now, so technically only those people found me to whom I have already supplied the address.

I was just learning to do elementary SEO and title stuff for my wife's English site on family constellation on webnode, and for my own site on Wix.

It is cheaper to pay for a domain if you do not use these sites, it is as if they make you pay retroactively for their development tools (no doubt they deserve it for a few years).

An additional note: I was told by an IT expert recently is that since you can enter maximum 10 keywords for each page, if it is an expression consisting of several words - like War in Heaven - it is better to enter it with hyphens: War-in-Heaven, as it counts only as one word.
It is not necessary to do this with page titles though.

I did find various expressions with our postings from various forums over the years. That is very positive. The only thing that isn't very good is that the title War in Heaven is also used by some religious propaganda sites plus it brings in info about an obscure English intellectual movement within science philosophy (which may be part of the movement that led to WiH but is only marginally interesting now). I have to enter Kyle Griffith and War in Heaven together in the search engine to get where I want to be...

My nickname here also leads to postings on these forums...
Back to top Go down
realikyBuilder
Admin
realikyBuilder

16PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 9:35 pm

im llmozk zhe only akiwe pozcoeur of zhe forhum
wizh goodnewsync posting once in a while in another section called "Prosetylising" 

iwe jusk zeen zhe hour format of *ll posztk for non logged in readers viewing
has been set for a zone at a 9 hour time lag from France. I don't know if, when and why 
SR or amy member would have set the hour that way for none haz reported being zhere

amyoke 2 fimd my meszage hour time, nah logged in amd unzuzcribed readerz cam subzrac 9 hour
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

17PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 11:21 pm

I have no idea who set the time that way or why, so feel free to reset it to something you're comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
realikyBuilder
Admin
realikyBuilder

18PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 1:35 pm

Hi SR,

How are you doing ? Long time i haven't read you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

19PostSubject: Re: What should I do next?   What should I do next? Empty

Back to top Go down

What should I do next?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Reality Rebel :: Group Business :: Announcements-