Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

00 WiH Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spiritrebel
Admin
Spiritrebel

00 WiH Introduction Empty
1PostSubject: 00 WiH Introduction   00 WiH Introduction EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 12:45 pm

WAR IN HEAVEN

by Kyle Griffith

Copyright 1988, 2006 by the author

This virtual copy of WiH is based on the Second Printing, issued in the fall of 1990 by Spiritual Revolution Press. It was prepared from a digital scan of the original, which was photocopied on 8-1/2 by 11 sheets and spiral bound, and is intended for free downloading by anyone who is interested in the ideas it contains.

A complete virtual copy of War in Heaven is available for free download at:

http://www.4shared.com/ac...3476/sharing.html?rnd=87

There is no application process, and no information is recorded about the Net users who do downloads.

The book is in a Microsoft Word file with page breaks between the chapters and all of the paragraphs in a given chapter numbered. This makes it easy to read on-screen or print out, and even easier to identify the exact passages you're referring to if you make comments...

FORWARD

War in Heaven introduces a completely new and revolutionary conception of the nature of spiritual reality. The material in it was dictated to me by automatic writing, but WiH contains more explicit, detailed spiritual information than most modern channeled books and it is much more militant and controversial in tone. Some readers of the pre-publication edition of War in Heaven were disturbed or frightened by it, and a few attacked the book as evil and satanic. However, a larger number of readers hailed it as a major breakthrough in cosmological theory.

War in Heaven is not a typical New Age channeled book, and I am not a typical New Ager, though I helped to found that movement in the Sixties and Seventies. I was raised as a traditional occultist, and my primary goal in life has always been to develop my skills as a psychic and magician. However, I also possess past-life memories that have caused me to develop into a very different kind of occultist from my relatives who were Freemasons, Rosicrucians, Spiritualists, or Theosophists.

I have been aware since 1946, when I was four years old, that my soul was deliberately sent to this planet by an advanced extra-terrestrial civilization to assist Earth people in dealing with a major crisis in their spiritual evolution. For this reason, I've studied UFOs and related subjects as seriously as I've studied psychic and spiritual phenomena, and the relationship between the two has always been obvious to me.

The same applies to conspiracy theories - I have known all my life that unseen forces really do manipulate the course of human history, and my response has not been fear or anger, but rather a desire to help any of these agencies whose ethical and political goals seem similar to mine. I've been a left-wing anarchist and a member of the counterculture since the late Fifties, and I've grown more politically and socially radical with age. In the late Sixties, my spirit guides suggested that I call myself a Spiritual Revolutionary, and I've been doing so ever since.

However, I didn't become fully conscious of what the term meant until 1983, when I made a breakthrough in personal awareness about spiritual reality. In July of that year, after several years of intensive magical and intellectual preparation, I asked my spirit guides: "Tell me the Great Secret, the theory that explains the true nature of gods and human beings and the relationship between them." The reply that I received by automatic writing didn't surprise me, but I was absolutely astonished by it just the same. The spirits seemed to be trying to dictate a completely new and revolutionary cosmology: a view of spiritual reality with moral, social, and political implications that most people would consider literally unthinkable.

I eventually became able to record the messages in clear and explicit English. It took me over five years, and thousands of hours of grueling labor, to receive all the spirit-dictated information for War in Heaven and write it into a book. The review on the next page will give you an idea of what WiH is about and why I am advertising it as "The most controversial channeled book of the century."

REVIEW and COMMENT

Mike Rhyner review

Here is an excerpt from Mike Rhyner's review of War in Heaven in the February 1989 issue of Critique:
"War in Heaven is based on messages channeled from a group of extraterrestrial disembodied spirits who call themselves the Invisible College. They say that your soul is nourished on psychic energy generated during life, and when you 'die,' it lives off the energy stored up during embodiment. There are also spiritual beings that the Invisible College calls the Theocrats, the 'bad guys,' who do not reincarnate but instead get the energy needed to sustain their souls by sucking the energy from other souls: psychic vampirism and spiritual cannibalism.

"The Theocrats are the creators of certain forms of organized religion, which claim that you will have eternal life in Heaven when you pass over. They create an illusion of this Heaven in your mind by posing as gods, meanwhile giving you the after-death state that you expect, whether it is a Heaven or Hell or an eternal orgy. For instance, if you expect to go to 'Rock 'n' Roll Heaven' and worship at the feet of Elvis Presley or Jimi Hendrix, they will create this illusion for you. However, there are techniques you can use to avoid Theocratic entanglement after death, which are described in War in Heaven.

"Before I read War in Heaven, the more I studied various spiritual systems, the more disillusioned I became. My main paths had been Theosophy and its descendants, and the study of channeled messages of all kinds, particularly those from 'Ascended Masters' and 'Space Brothers'. Each book I read in these fields claimed to teach the work of highly evolved beings, yet each contained glaring contradictions of the others. Then I read War in Heaven and found out why these contradictions occur - the authors don't have an adequate theoretical frame of reference to correctly interpret the messages they channel, even though much of the raw information is perfectly valid.

"War in Heaven contains a revolutionary yet completely logical cosmology which provides such a frame of reference, and has answered questions that couldn't be answered by any other spiritual system that I studied. Reading it did cause more questions to crop up in my mind, but most of them are answered by the time I finished the book. The author says that the purpose of War in Heaven is to help readers make a major 'Breakthrough in Consciousness,' and after reading it, I know what he means. It may well be the most important book ever published."

Colin Wilson comment:

The following is from a letter by Colin Wilson, dated 2/15/89:
"War in Heaven arrived while I was in California last year, and when I got back, I had so many letters to write that I didn't have a chance to read it properly. I have just done so and find it an absolutely absorbing and fascinating piece of work. If I had received it fifteen years ago, not long after I'd written The Occult, I would have thought that it was all wildly imaginative. But since then, I have learned a great deal more about this whole field of the paranormal, and a lot of what you say seems to me to make a great deal of sense. Anyway, very many thanks indeed for your kindness in sending me this extraordinary piece of work."

Jay Kinney review:

And here is an excerpt from a review by Jay Kinney that was included in the Preface of the first printing of WiH in 1988. It originally appeared in Gnosis #6, and was written about the pre-publication edition of the book, which was circulated in 1987 under the title of Spiritual Revolution, but it describes War in Heaven equally well.

"This self-published book is among the most fascinating, and most troubling, books I've read in some time. It is fascinating because it consists of channeled (i.e. automatically written) material that is not only clear and pointed but also flies in the face almost all other channeled teachings. And it's troubling because to take Spiritual Revolution (SR) seriously entails entering into a topsy-turvy worldview that most of us would normally consider to be highly paranoid.

"Briefly put, the material in SR claims to emanate from a group of disembodied spirits informally called the 'Invisible College.' As one might guess from its name, this group says it was the force behind the development of groups such as the Freemasons and Rosicrucians. More surprising, however, is its claim to also have influenced the rise of the civil rights movement, the spread of LSD, the anti-war movement, and even rock'n'roll. So far so good: if this were all, one could peg the 'Invisible College' as the hippest bunch of inner plane guides around, whispering bright ideas in the ears of the unsuspecting. However, there's more.

"The group is apparently engaged in a ongoing struggle against another powerful conglomeration of inner plane spirits it calls 'the Theocrats'. These types are apparently the ones behind most world religions, and, in fact, hang around churches and other places of worship soaking up the psychic energy that devout believers beam their way in prayer. These fiends are fond of meeting the newly deceased as they reach 'the other side' and ushering them into an illusory Heaven where their souls are gobbled up by the top Theocrats. In other words, according to SR, spiritual traditions, which teach love of God, and ultimately, union with the divine, are really scams run by the inner plane Theocrats to rip off psychic energy and souls. SR spells all this out in far more detail than I have space for here.

"Considering that most channeled messages sound like their spirit authors have been cribbing from each others' notes, SR's revelations about a "War in Heaven" stand out as decidedly unique… Spiritual Revolution is a startling book that makes one re-examine all of one's spiritual assumptions… Considering that SR's thesis undercuts the spiritual moorings of world civilization, there ought to be some heated discussions to come.
Back to top Go down

00 WiH Introduction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Reality Rebel :: Revolutionary Spiritualism :: War in Heaven-
Jump to: