Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thought for the Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Skytiger

Skytiger

Thought for the Day Empty
1PostSubject: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 5:19 am

A new day, a new site, equals  a wonderful future.  
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

2PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 5:04 am

Things are time conditioned, but truth is timeless. The more truth you know, the more truth you are, the more of the past you can understand and of the future you can comprehend.

THE URANTIA BOOK
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

3PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:28 am

Do not be desirous of having things done quickly.
Do not look at small advantages.
Desire to have things done quickly prevents their being done thoroughly.
Looking at small advantages prevents great affairs from being accomplished.

Confucius
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

4PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:38 am

The practice of the Tao is not a matter of seeking gain or accumulation;
It is a matter of forgetting and letting go.

Lao Tzu
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

5PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 5:55 am

Happiness resides in all of us, yet can be hard to find if one takes their self to seriously.
If you remember this lifetime is but one of many, it's easy to laugh when you remember the goal you set will not be achieved in one lifetime. Once you know this, its easier to let things flow, knowing each experience was planned by you with help from your guide/s. After all, we have eternity to reach our goal.
The funny thing to me, once I achieve a goal I just plan another cat Like a Star @ heaven and on and on I go
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

6PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Oops! I accidentally moved this thread to another Forum yesterday, and didn't notice it was gone till I got your e-mail. Sorry. The RR Groupe is still a "work in progress"...
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Skytiger

Skytiger

7PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 4:46 pm

No problem. I'm famous for misplacing things and NOT realizing I did so cat cat
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

8PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 2:43 am

On the road again, that's why I'm not around so much cat

Everyone should travel outside their comfort zone. No telling how many friends you'll make. It's a beautiful world regardless of idiots running wild demanding that the world change to their specifications.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

9PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 4:45 am

Hatred never ends through hatred.
By non-hatred alone does it end.
This is the ancient truth.

Buddha
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

10PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 7:12 am

Skytiger wrote:
Hatred never ends through hatred.
By non-hatred alone does it end.
This is the ancient truth.

Buddha

This verse is from the first chapter of the "Dhammapda", one of the oldest and most respected of the Buddhist scriptures. "According to tradition, the Dhammapada's verses were spoken by the original Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha on various occasions around 500 BC." Here is a link to a site with an excellent English translation of the whole book:

http://www.floweringofgoodness.org/dhammapada.php

And here is a somewhat longer quotation from the same chapter that can serve as an excellent my personal beliefs about kharma and the evolution of the human soul over the course of many lives. And ironically enough, the philosophy expressed here contradicts the basic doctrine followed by most modern Buddhists, which revolves around achieving a mental state of "enlightenment" which gives the individual a quick way to get off the Wheel of Reincarnation and instantly achieve eternal bliss. Which IMO is identical to the Christian ideal of being "born again" by accepting Jesus Christ as savior and then going to eternal bliss in heaven after death.

My own interpretation of the available evidence concerning spiritual reality rejects both of these viewpoints but accepts the wisdom described in:

One who does evil is tormented in this life,
Tormented in the next,
Is tormented in both worlds.
Here he is tormented, knowing, "I have done evil."
Reborn in realms of woe, he is tormented all the more.

One who makes merit is delighted in this life,
Delighted in the next,
Is delighted in both worlds.
Here she is delighted, knowing, "I have made merit."
Reborn in realms of bliss, she delights all the more

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

11PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 5:08 am

Sometimes evil has to be destroyed for good to survive.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

12PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 5:14 am

Skytiger wrote:
Sometimes evil has to be destroyed for good to survive.

This is true, but the act of destruction still brings bad karma to those who perform it, and also to everyone who praises their actions.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

13PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:15 pm

And round and round we go, until we realize this is only a small part of our existence. Once we do, nothing here holds any permanent true reality, except what we learn and our loving relationships
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

14PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:23 pm

Skytiger wrote:
And round and round we go, until we realize this is only a small part of our existence. Once we do, nothing here holds any permanent true reality, except what we learn and our loving relationships

Or to phrase this another way, "What we learn and our loving relationships ARE our permanent true reality. This is equally true whether the soul is in a body or not."
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

15PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 3:11 pm

Indeed RR, indeed
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

16PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 1:03 pm

Judgment is not an attribute of Creator.

A Course in Miracles

It is we ourselves who judge ourselves and others.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

17PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Skytiger wrote:
Judgment is not an attribute of Creator.

A Course in Miracles

It is we ourselves who judge ourselves and others.

The Hindus have always known this, and their Creator, Brahma, has no temples and is rarely invoked in prayers or other rituals. And it's also important to realize that neither the Preserver, Vishnu, nor the Destroyer/Renewer, Shiva, make judgments about people either. The whole concept of Karma as described in Hinduism and Buddhism is based on judging ourselves and others ... both of which are seen as steps away from true enlightenment, though they are often unavoidable during earthly life.

As a Spiritualist (occultist) who doesn't believe in this kind of enlightenment, I look upon judging ourselves and others as tests we have to pass in order to guide our spiritual evolution in positive directions.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

18PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 4:40 am

I took a test, What religion fits your beliefs, or something like that.
It said my beliefs were mostly Hindu, something I never studied or had read about.
I do think we are a combination of beliefs, at least those of us who have been here uncountable times.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

19PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 4:41 am

The end of the world is not its destruction, but its transition into Heaven.

ACIM
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

20PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Skytiger wrote:
I took a test, What religion fits your beliefs, or something like that.
It said my beliefs were mostly Hindu, something I never studied or had read about.
I do think we are a combination of beliefs, at least those of us who have been here uncountable times.

Do you remember that several years ago you posted the following lines of verse in your "Thought for the Day" thread on several Web venues: "From ignorance, lead me to truth; From darkness, lead me to light; "From death, lead me to immortality"? And as I recall you simply referred to it as a "Hindu Prayer".

I replied that it was one of the most important prayers in the Hindu religion, and posted a video showing what it sounds like being sung in a ritual. So I suspect you have subliminal memories of past lives in which you frequently listened to or recited that prayer.

http://aumamen.com/prayer/asatoma-sadgamaya-lyrics-and-meaning
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

21PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 12:59 pm

I agree, it is one of the most important prayers, regardless of ones belief or non belief cat
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

22PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 4:54 am

Happy Turkey Day
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

23PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 7:34 pm

Here's a great quotation about the holiday that I just Googled up:

Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow. ~Edward Sandford Martin
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

24PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:55 am

Heaven is here. There is nowhere else. Heaven is now. There is no other time.

A Course in Miracles

We have the choice to see Heaven around us, or to only see negativity, for in truth we ourselves make our own Heaven or hell. The choice is ours.

cat
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

25PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 5:55 am

Remember this. When you look at another you are looking at a reflection of self, as are they who look back at you. Both of you should look for both the good and the bad aka positive loving traits and negative hate filled traits, keeping the positive and throwing out the negative.
With love we will survive and flourish. Hate will destroy us.
The choice is ours.
I choose love. cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

26PostSubject: Re: Thought for the Day   Thought for the Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Thought for the Day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next