Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Human Body

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

The Human Body Empty
1PostSubject: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:03 pm

I wrote this article a while ago too after watching something about the human brain an the body. You will think this is interesting.

The Human Machine Some Interesting Details You Might Not Have Known

The First Moment Of Birth-The Adrenal Gland

It takes forty weeks for a baby to form in the womb starting for a few cells to over a billion. These cells are already programed for the jobs they will be. The DNA is the master computer in that it is pre-programmed. It tells the cells what they will become and what part of the body or organ it will be in the new body. Inside the fetus (a baby in the womb) the heart is one of the first things that the DNA programs those cells to be.

The Adrenal Gland’s purpose is to start the process of life outside the womb. They are located on thop of the kidneys. This gland starts the heart pumping, the lungs breathing and the body getting ready to ingest food and nutrients and readies the body to sustain life independently from the mother. It is surprising that the first thing to work is not the lungs once outside the body, but the Adrenal Gland. The first thing that it gets started is the Heart.

When the baby is inside the uterus the heart pumps blood away from the heart and the heart is completely open. There is a hole between the Aorta and the Heart. As soon as the baby is born the heart then closes and starts pumping the blood through the heart and into the other organs of the baby’s body.

The Brain Of An Adolescent - Teens Through Late Twenties

The Adolescent Brain is not fully developed. The Frontal Lobe is the last part of the brain to develop and it starts in puberty and does not end until in the later twenties. When this part of the brain starts growing it re-wires the whole brain and the person. This part of the brain controls their Identification and who they are. The Pre-frontal cortex also begins the growth of the intellect and decision making. The nerves cells in a teen brain are not fully connected with the rest of the brain. Insight is the last to develop in the brain. That is why teens seem rude and self-centered and have illusions of grandeur and +Intmidation. They don't understand compassion because they are literally in their own world. Understanding them give us the opportunity to guide them through this erratic and fragile stage in their lives. They just are not fully grown and not at the adulthood stage when their intellect and the insight is fully functional. They can not understand how their actions relate to the rest of their peers and adults and the outside world.

In some cases this is when Schizophrenia develops which changes their world forever. Some can get over it and some do not. Schizophrenia is when the brain breaks down. The teen or young adult loses some of the relations between their thoughts and their feelings. It is also paied with delussions and a desire to withdraw from society.

It is in this stage that the teen and early adulthood begins to experiment with their world. Drugs and alcohol are most teen’s choice. Unbeknownst to the adolescent they can harm their brain for life. Many of the new cells developed in this time period do not grow back as does some cells of the rest of the body. Many drugs and alcohol literally fry the brain cells. Those cannot grow back. Very loud sound also destroys cells in the ears and they do not grow back. The brain is one of the organs that do not grow new cells

For More Information:
Video: The Secret Life Of The Teen Brain A PBS Documentary
Video: Inside The Life Body
Information to read: The Teen Brain: It's Just Not Grown Up Yet

Back to top Go down
http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
regmelocco

The Human Body Empty
2PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Yes, these make sense. Some new stuff though...
I didn't try drugs (actually only pot and acid) until my twenties and now I interact with people who had been heavy users in the late teens and it is weird ho their frontal cortex acts differently... which means problem-solving etc.
All the same, if I was doing a school, I would initiate a sort of game I learned in NLP and developed on as a therapeutic tool on my own which consists of a slow and methodical feeling into another person you communicate with and observing their possible thoughts and feelings. It is a tremendous help in trying to develop intuition and compassion.
If I were around my daughter when she is in high school I will initiate a free club like this. Whether it is in Budapest or Boston.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

The Human Body Empty
3PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:26 pm

Here's a link to a page with "Some Incredible Facts About The Incredible Machine, The Human Body"

http://occonline.occ.cccd.edu/online/lskeie/Some_Incredible_Facts_About_The_Incredible_Machine.pdf

And here are a couple of items from it that IMO are relevant to the discussion that's developing here:

• The eyes receive approximately 90 per cent of all our information, making us basically visual creatures.

• The human being is, as far as we know, the only animal that weeps as a result of emotional distress.
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

The Human Body Empty
4PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:48 am

I wasn't able to post the links in my posts here. It is set that newbies cannot post links for 7 days. When I am able too, I will post the kinks that go with my posts.
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

The Human Body Empty
5PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Links that are in my posts, now that I can do that.:

The Secret Life Of The Teen Brain A PBS Documentary: https://youtu.be/xLfaZYnNqd0

Inside The Life Body: https://youtu.be/HBIYwiktPsQ

The Teen Brain: It's Just Not Grown Up Yet http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124119468
Back to top Go down
regmelocco

The Human Body Empty
6PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Now I finally know why I'm so screwed up (but still have a high IQ to compensate for it)...
Back to top Go down
realikyBuilder
Admin
realikyBuilder

The Human Body Empty
7PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Sorry but this discussion thread happens to be actually so disappointing for me :

So to Lady Guinevere who will choose and/or manage to translate it or not :

" Et ta connerie, U la controle dans la nuit ? "

i must make it clear that i say this in a sour humoristical tone, there's nothing negative or personal to it. It's just an old joke from an old unconscious Spiritual Evolutionary i dearly love.
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

The Human Body Empty
8PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 6:30 pm

What are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
BSSM

The Human Body Empty
9PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 11:49 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

The Human Body Empty
10PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Lady Guinevere wrote:

For once, I didn't understand this either ... maybe RB will say enough more on the subject that we'll start catching on...
Back to top Go down
realikyBuilder
Admin
realikyBuilder

The Human Body Empty
11PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Realityrebel wrote:
Lady Guinevere wrote:

For once, I didn't understand this either ... maybe RB will say enough more on the subject that we'll start catching on...

"Never says "never" " I assume this proverb is well known.

Yet in that case if U don't understand : nevermind

as this is a highly spirited funny remark that neither translates into words without context well, nor is easy to understand by only using our mental\brain functions
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

The Human Body Empty
12PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 6:26 pm

reality builder wrote:
Realityrebel wrote:
Lady Guinevere wrote:

"Never says "never" " I assume this proverb is well known.

Yet in that case if U don't understand : nevermind

as this is a highly spirited funny remark that neither translates into words without context well, nor is easy to understand by only using our mental\brain functions

Yeah, this is what I figured. I didn't understand the French and couldn't find a translation ... so thanks for cluing us in...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Human Body Empty
13PostSubject: Re: The Human Body   The Human Body Empty

Back to top Go down

The Human Body
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1