Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? Empty
1PostSubject: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?   Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? EmptySun May 08, 2016 5:03 am

I woke up at 3am on Sunday, May 8, 2016 with this question running through my mind, so I ran a Google search to get an idea about who is currently making public speculations on the subect and what they're saying. It turns out that lots of people are addressing it on the Internet, even though I don't remember hearing a single mention on the mass media so far.

My own tendency as a radical futurist and arch-cynic about the supernatural is to treat this whole line of thinking as a joke: "If Trump really is the Antichrist, I hope the world news media shows the scene when the actual Second Coming of Christ occurs and the real JC tells him, "Donald, YOU'RE FIRED!"

So I've decided to start this thread on a number of different Web discussion venues and see what kind of response I get. I assume that the subject will get major media attention eventually, and it will be interesting to comment on this as it happens.

And in the meantime, here's a link to a long article by an author who seems to know a great deal about many of the eschatology scenarios involving the Antichrist, and IMO, is well worth glancing through:

http://kingdomengineers.com/is-donald-trump-the-antichrist/
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
regmelocco

2PostSubject: Re: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?   Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? EmptyTue May 10, 2016 1:48 pm

Before I read the article, he's certainly the Anti-Buddha, though he claims to be Anti-Mohammed...
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

3PostSubject: Re: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?   Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? EmptyTue May 10, 2016 6:18 pm

regmelocco wrote:
Before I read the article, he's certainly the Anti-Buddha, though he claims to be Anti-Mohammed...

Yup, "The Donald" does indeed come as close to being the "Anti-Buddha" as anyone I've ever seen get major media attention here and now. The quotations from the Buddha that I've seen are all thoughts any seeker of wisdom should take seriously. But everything Trump says is stuff I first laugh at, and then realize isn't at all funny.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

4PostSubject: Re: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?   Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 6:17 pm

Something unexpected happened over on the RS Yuku group today. Sky reappeared after an absence and posted the following message on that group's version of this thread:

Skytiger
05/23/16 08:54:53

In answer to the question, no he is not.
IMO when people don't like a celebrity, politicians, business people, or anyone else who is in the news or lives next door, they will call them names. If they really hate them they will call them the anti Christ.

There is no anti Christ period.

Christ = love. Anti Christ = hate/fear. Both can be found in every one who lives. Most everyone has experienced great love and hatred. It is up to us to choose one or the other. I think we all have a bit of both within.

I wrote the following message in a text file, as I always do with long and/or important replies to forum messages. However, when I posted it, Yuku suddenly went down completely. So I saved the reply and went out and took care of some dirtside business. When I got back, Yuku was functioning again, but the message hadn't posted, so I repeated it. It's there now and I'm waiting to see what responses it will get. And it's obvious to me that the message is perhaps the most important thing I've written this year, so I'm repeating it here.

Sky, #1:

I agree with everything you just said, and I started this thread mostly to poke fun at the vast number of articles I've read over the last fifty years that single out some particular political or religious leader the author doesn't like as the Antichrist described in the last book of the New Testament. However, I'm still surprised that I haven't yet seen anything on the Web that makes a serious attempt to accuse The Donald of being the Antichrist, and I'm wondering why. The best I've been able to come up with so far is that nobody really hates or fears Trump enough lay this ultimate demonization on him.

He has become world famous for two things, neither of them particularly negative or frightening: he claims to have made ten billion dollars building giant skyscrapers and running resort hotels, and he's become a media star as a TV reality show host. He's also been expressing his opinions on political matters for many years, but he's never described anything approaching a personal ideology that people can identify with and become his followers. And I think there's evidence that his decision to run for POTUS started more as a joke than anything else, and he never actually expected to be nominated as the Republican candidate in the up-coming election.

So at this point, I'm just watching as the 2016 campaigns on all government levels take place, and getting the impression that something approaching a "Second American Revolution" may be in the process of occurring, but on a level that neither the politicians now in office nor the various factions of power-brokers behind the scenes have much control over.

It looks to me like what's actually going on here is that the "Information Revolution" has already become the most powerful movement for social, political, and economic change the world has ever seen, and that none of the existing power elites has been able to take control of it. This movement has three main phases: easy access to almost all kinds of knowledge and information that is rapidly making it impossible to keep anything secret, automated industrial production and transportation that makes an economy of abundance possible and simultaneously renders the labor standard of distribution of wealth obsolete, and universal communication among ordinary people that promotes tolerance and cooperation on a level that can't be controlled by a given culture's laws and customs.

I suspect that almost everyone reading this is familiar with the first and third items in the list above, but very few presently understand the second item, so I'd like to get as many opinions as possible on this...
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

5PostSubject: Re: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?   Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 4:15 am

About my absence.
We have been having wonderful rain storms which we badly need. However they tend to knock out our power, and I don't get online when lightening is going on.
Also yuku has been hard if not impossible to open.

Revolution may indeed be in the future, especially if people do not realize all lives matter, not just one color. After all we have been all colors more than once.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

6PostSubject: Re: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?   Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 11:07 am

Skytiger wrote:
About my absence.
We have been having wonderful rain storms which we badly need. However they tend to knock out our power, and I don't get online when lightening is going on.
Also yuku has been hard if not impossible to open.

Revolution may indeed be in the future, especially if people do not realize all lives matter, not just one color. After all we have been all colors more than once.

I had assumed that your absence was caused by the bad weather, but I wasn't worried about you because you obviously have the skills needed to survive and keep your animals well-cared for under conditions like this.

And I also have periodic problems getting Yuku to open, which is on-going evidence that I was wise in creating this FMRR Group. However, as long as Yuku exists, I intend to also keep my RS Community active...

As for revolution, my belief is that it's already occurring all around us, on many different levels, and that one of the most important goals of our on-line discussions should be planning how we can make constructive use of it.

I totally believe that not only do "all lives matter" and "we have been all colors more than once" but also that we all have more control over the evolution of our immortal souls and those of other human beings than is described in the teachings of any existing religious or political ideology. IMO, what we think, say, and do here and now helps create the future world we and everyone else will inhabit in the future, but ironically enough, what we believe about either cosmology or morality at any given point in time doesn't actually matter much. Human life is a series of experiments, and we are both the agency that conducts them and the results that are being generated.
Back to top Go down
regmelocco

7PostSubject: Re: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?   Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 5:18 pm

There may indeed be a second American Revolution - and also a wave in other advanced societies. The Information Revolution is going well. Just look at how many useless mechanical tyrants we've shook - Skype and Messenger and Gmail chat and Whatsapp now provide (video) chatting, essentially free telephone services, while twenty years ago I paid out half of my income for international calls.
But the distribution of money is still going along the stocks and the halfway-finished globalization attempts. This is a giant discrepancy. For years I struggled to avoid excessive fees when I made a little money in the US and wanted to use it in Europe - now I have a Skrill account which is like the Skype of money transfers. Most people in the more advanced part of the world (where for practical purposes there were always violent and successful struggles for equality and some measure of democracy) dislike the globalist game of outsourcing work to pre-Enlightenment societies. The more movements like Fair Trade, or the movement for Slavery-Free Cocoa and Coffee etc. exist in the Western world, the better chances some of these third world countries have to change. This would lead to inevitable clashes after a while because the Old World tyrants in pre-Enlightenment societies will want to reassert control. Neither do enlightened Westerners like the wizardry with non-existent money (selling futures etc.) which caused the 2008 crash and practically sent some countries into dictatorships and wars.
I think the picture with the New Right is not as bleak in some Western countries as it is in the rotting corpses of former Soviet countries - many would like a populist revolution where decent wages are paid, off-shoring and outsourcing is controlled so competition with pre-enlightenment societies or even pre-industrial maffia states would not have much of an effect on the developed world. Perhaps China will accomplish it peacefully because there is simply so much technological progress and because it is nearly impossible to control 1 billion people centrally - as far as I know the Party has huge backlags in registering people, and frequently the Party in Beijing does not know for years what another supposedly Party leader does in a small town of a few millions of people...
But a temporary effect could be that the West will be more self-absorbed for a while than we got used to - and now there is a race about who will belong there at all, even the backyard.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

8PostSubject: Re: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?   Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:30 pm

reg, #7, re:There may indeed be a second American Revolution - and also a wave in other advanced societies. The Information Revolution is going well. Just look at how many useless mechanical tyrants we've shook - Skype and Messenger and Gmail chat and Whatsapp now provide (video) chatting, essentially free telephone services, while twenty years ago I paid out half of my income for international calls."

Yes! This is just one of innumerable examples any present Web user can cite to prove that the Information Revolution has already made substantial changes economic activities all over the world ... and these changes seem to getting stronger and more diverse all the time. Political and economic power structures have been trying to control them throughout the Information Age so far, but it's becomming obvious that this is technologically impossible. The computer and telecommunications software itself inherently empowers small users more than large users, making bottom-up control easier than top=down control.

re: "But the distribution of money is still going along the stocks and the halfway-finished globalization attempts. This is a giant discrepancy. For years I struggled to avoid excessive fees when I made a little money in the US and wanted to use it in Europe - now I have a Skrill account which is like the Skype of money transfers. Most people in the more advanced part of the world (where for practical purposes there were always violent and successful struggles for equality and some measure of democracy) dislike the globalist game of outsourcing work to pre-Enlightenment societies. The more movements like Fair Trade, or the movement for Slavery-Free Cocoa and Coffee etc. exist in the Western world, the better chances some of these third world countries have to change. This would lead to inevitable clashes after a while because the Old World tyrants in pre-Enlightenment societies will want to reassert control. Neither do enlightened Westerners like the wizardry with non-existent money (selling futures etc.) which caused the 2008 crash and practically sent some countries into dictatorships and wars."

It looks to me like the Information Age has made it possible for almost any group of people who want to trade with one another to create their own fully-functional free market system, and to keep outsiders from taking it over. It's just a matter of knowing and trusting people you're dealing with directly and requiring outsiders to "join the club" before being allowed to participate. And this is simple as saying, "Only approved members of this Web community are allowed to post on these boards".

I think the picture with the New Right is not as bleak in some Western countries as it is in the rotting corpses of former Soviet countries - many would like a populist revolution where decent wages are paid, off-shoring and outsourcing is controlled so competition with pre-enlightenment societies or even pre-industrial maffia states would not have much of an effect on the developed world. Perhaps China will accomplish it peacefully because there is simply so much technological progress and because it is nearly impossible to control 1 billion people centrally - as far as I know the Party has huge backlags in registering people, and frequently the Party in Beijing does not know for years what another supposedly Party leader does in a small town of a few millions of people... But a temporary effect could be that the West will be more self-absorbed for a while than we got used to - and now there is a race about who will belong there at all, even the backyard."

I'm pretty sure that the economic paradigm I described above will end up defeating all forms of top-down control over the long haul. Control by force and violence works on the purely physical level, but it will never counter the bottom-up power of the Information Revolution unless it becomes possible for the "powers that be" to have a cop standing behind each and every one of us as we sit as our computers...
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

9PostSubject: Re: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?   Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? EmptyThu May 26, 2016 6:12 am

I always wonder if they look at us through the camera on our computer. If so, I pity the one who sees me before my hair and makeup is done.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

10PostSubject: Re: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?   Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? EmptyThu May 26, 2016 6:57 am

Skytiger wrote:
I always wonder if they look at us through the camera on our computer. If so, I pity the one who sees me before my hair and makeup is done.

There are lots of different "theys" who have access to the right part of the cyberworld to do this, but I strongly suspect that none of them consider either you or me important enough to bother ... and the same probably also holds true for everyone else who's reading this message.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

11PostSubject: Re: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?   Is Donald Trump the Antichrist? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1