Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Irish Generosity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skytiger

Skytiger

Irish Generosity Empty
1PostSubject: Irish Generosity   Irish Generosity EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:54 am

The Irish Generosity

Approximately thirty minutes into an outbound evening flight from Dublin , the lead flight attendant for the cabin crew nervously made the following painful announcement:
"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm so very sorry but it appears that there has been a terrible mix-up one minute prior to takeoff, by our airport catering service... I don't know how this has happened but we have 103 passengers on board and, unfortunately, only 40 dinner meals... I truly apologize for this mistake and inconvenience."
When passengers' muttering had died down, she continued...,"Anyone who is kind enough to give up their meal so that someone else can eat will receive free, unlimited drinks for the duration of our 5 hour flight.
"Her next announcement came 90 minutes later:  "If anyone would like to change their minds, we still have 40 dinners available

I'm Scotch Irish and I think this is LOL funny lol!
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Irish Generosity Empty
2PostSubject: Re: Irish Generosity   Irish Generosity EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 1:12 pm

My guess is that this joke would get big laughs in just about every country in the Western World ... and quite a few countries located elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Patty

Patty

Irish Generosity Empty
3PostSubject: Re: Irish Generosity   Irish Generosity EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:07 pm

I'm part Irish myself and love a little Irish humor
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Irish Generosity Empty
4PostSubject: Re: Irish Generosity   Irish Generosity EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 7:52 pm

Not all Irish jokes are about drinking. Here's one from a page with the intro: "Here is a wide selection of Irish jokes, from the dry to the dumb. One of the great Irish traits is their ability to make fun of themselves and they have perfected the trait."

Murphy sat in a Belfast confessional. "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned," he said. "I've blown up three hundred miles of English railroad!" "All right, my son," admonished the priest. "For penance, do the stations!"

http://www.arizonacap.com/mgame/irishjokes.htm
Back to top Go down
realikyBuilder
Admin
realikyBuilder

Irish Generosity Empty
5PostSubject: Re: Irish Generosity   Irish Generosity EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Lol to the 2 jokes of this thread : thanks U !
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Irish Generosity Empty
6PostSubject: Re: Irish Generosity   Irish Generosity EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 5:51 pm

reality builder wrote:
Lol to the 2 jokes of this thread : thanks U !
\

Here's another good one from the site I mentioned above ... and it's also a joke I heard in grade school, though told in simpler and cruder language.
Back to top Go down
realikyBuilder
Admin
realikyBuilder

Irish Generosity Empty
7PostSubject: Re: Irish Generosity   Irish Generosity EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 10:33 pm

SR#6 : "Here's another good one from the site I mentioned above ... and it's also a joke I heard in grade school, though told in simpler and cruder language."

Is it this one ? anyway It's a great "coquine" (hussy) joke in my humble sense of humor ! :-D

" As soon as she had finished parochial school, a bright young girl named Lena shook the dust of Ireland off her shoes and made her way to New York where before long, she became a successful performer in show business. Eventually she returned to her home town for a visit and on a Saturday night went to confession in the church which she had always attended as a child. In the confessional Father Sullivan recognized her and began asking her about her work. She explained that she was an acrobatic dancer, and he wanted to know what that meant. She said she would be happy to show him the kind of thing she did on stage. She stepped out of the confessional and within sight of Father Sullivan, she went into a series of cartwheels, leaping splits, handsprings and backflips. Kneeling near the confessional, waiting their turn, were two middle-aged ladies. They witnessed Lena's acrobatics with wide eyes, and one said to the other: "Will you just look at the penance Father Sullivan is givin' out this night, and me without me bloomers on!" "
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

Irish Generosity Empty
8PostSubject: Re: Irish Generosity   Irish Generosity EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 2:26 am

RB, #7, re: "Is it this one ? anyway It's a great "coquine" (hussy) joke in my humble sense of humor ! :-D"

No, the joke I tried (and failed) to post in my #6 was the one below. But I still found yours funnier...

Big Mick Lonegan was rather active in the area of sexual athletics. He was...well, stud is probably the best description. Of late, he had been feeling run-down. Finally he gave in and went to see a doctor. "Well, Doctor, I'm thinkin' I have sex with maybe twelve -- fifteen of the lasses each week...on an av'rage week," he boasted. "Hmmmm. I'm sure that's your trouble, Mr. Lonegan," said the doctor. "That much sex is just too much work. You probably held your own in your youth, but when you get to your mid-forties, your body just isn't up to that any more. I suggest you cut back to, say seven times a week. Once a day. See if you don't start to feel better." Relief plainly showing on his broad features, Mick said "It's a relafe, it is, what you're tellin me. I was thinkin' perhaps me problem was me masturbatin'."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Irish Generosity Empty
9PostSubject: Re: Irish Generosity   Irish Generosity Empty

Back to top Go down

Irish Generosity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Reality Rebel :: Discussions :: General-