Reality Rebel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Rebel

Discussions of alternatives to the conventional schools of thought in philosophy, religion, politics, economics, social issues, and arts/entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Origins of Daemons/Demons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

Origins of Daemons/Demons Empty
1PostSubject: Origins of Daemons/Demons   Origins of Daemons/Demons EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 7:46 am

The Bible tells us of Demons and how bad and rotten they are. It tells us to stay away from them because they are evil. Satan is supposed to be the leader of those Angels or Demons and his reign is here on Earth or is the Earth. The Bible also says that Jesus cast out demons and there were many of them. We now know what they are today as will be shown in this article. Jesus said that we would do greater things than he. If you believe in him then you must believe in mental health and that we can through knowledge cast out our own demons.

The origin of Daemon / Demon is Greek. The original deamons were intelligent, sensible guardian spirits. In the Bible and taught by religions they are now malicious, deviant, horrible creatures here to take your soul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debsmorningcafe.net/
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

2PostSubject: Characteristics of Deamons/Demons   Origins of Daemons/Demons EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 7:50 am

Deamons are used by the church to inflict fear into others. Some of the things that Demons do are possess weak individuals, They are like leaches and attatch to persons who have gone through a physical trauma. They can be hereditary and can kill an individual by sucking all their energy from them. How they can inflict their presence onto humans include loss of energy, fatigue, paranoia,depression and irritability.

Very different then the original form and description of deamons from the Greek perpective huh?
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

3PostSubject: Re: Origins of Daemons/Demons   Origins of Daemons/Demons EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 9:10 am

A Course in Miracles tells us we are dreaming the life we experience here.
That being said, our dreams create everything that happens to us, including the nightmares were we might interact with demons. Demons are nothing more than a call for help from others, a call for love, and sometimes a need to be special, as specialness gains attention which can take the place of love, for those who feel unloved.
Some religions do indeed feel they are more 'special', the only right way to believe, and are quite capable of using 'demons' to scare potential followers into accepting their church. In truth, all they do is place a wall between their followers and Creator, a wall of fear.
Once we realize that we need no one as a go between us and Creator, we are able to listen to the 'still small voice within', thus achieve direct communication with our loving Creator. Thus achieved there is no more need for demons, which never existed at all. 
cat
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

4PostSubject: Re: Origins of Daemons/Demons   Origins of Daemons/Demons EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:02 am

Satan is used very heavily too and he is mention about three times in that Bible and depending on what version that you read he is not in it at all.  Story with Satan is that God made it the most beautiful creature of all.  Then God made Man and put Man on the pedestal of his greatest work and Satan didn't like that.
So there is duality in heaven too.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

5PostSubject: Re: Origins of Daemons/Demons   Origins of Daemons/Demons EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 9:43 am

IMO, the most important thing to know about "demons" is that belief in supernatural beings that are entirely evil is extremely rare among the world's religions. Only Christianity and Islam among the major modern religions officially endorse such beliefs, and the more liberal members of both of these faiths tend to ignore or even disagree with them.
Back to top Go down
https://realityrebel.forumotion.com
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

6PostSubject: Re: Origins of Daemons/Demons   Origins of Daemons/Demons EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 6:29 am

Well, Christianity and Islam are the biggest religions of the world and they convert on a daily basis with those scare tactics.  In my own experience when I have told people that I don't believe in Satan or evil beings...I am then called Satan and an evil being.  Twisted!
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

7PostSubject: Re: Origins of Daemons/Demons   Origins of Daemons/Demons EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 7:09 am

My cousin lives in town, has a small house behind her home, which was used for our Course in Miracles study group. The couple next door had their pastor hold a prayer meeting to 'prevent any witch stuff' from our study group entering their house. We had a big laugh over it.
FYI my cousin is a minister with no particular domination, instead seeing all religions as part of God.
She resigned as Hospice minister this year due to her age, 76, but still sits with hospice people. She also still performs weddings, conducts funerals, and has meetings in her small house.

People are indeed strange.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

8PostSubject: Re: Origins of Daemons/Demons   Origins of Daemons/Demons EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Skytiger wrote:
My cousin lives in town, has a small house behind her home, which was used for our Course in Miracles study group. The couple next door had their pastor hold a prayer meeting to 'prevent any witch stuff' from our study group entering their house. We had a big laugh over it.
FYI my cousin is a minister with no particular domination, instead seeing all religions as part of God.
She resigned as Hospice minister this year due to her age, 76, but still sits with hospice people. She also still performs weddings, conducts funerals, and has meetings in her small house.

I've known lots of ministers like your cousin over the course of my long life and have often helped them with all sorts of projects involving "service to others" ... and I've also attended lots of beneficial activities that got picketed by the same sort of alleged "Christians" that harassed her. As my mother used to say, "It takes all kinds to make the world ... some are the kind kind and others are the unkind kind."
Back to top Go down
Lady Guinevere

Lady Guinevere

9PostSubject: Re: Origins of Daemons/Demons   Origins of Daemons/Demons EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 6:37 am

Realityrebel wrote:
Skytiger wrote:

I've known lots of ministers like your cousin over the course of my long life and have often helped them with all sorts of projects involving "service to others" ... and I've also attended lots of beneficial activities that got picketed by the same sort of alleged "Christians" that harassed her. As my mother used to say, "It takes all kinds to make the world ... some are the kind kind and others are the unkind kind."

I am a minister that does the same as your cousin...well not exactly, Skytiger.  I go and reserach the truth of the matters and they tell me that I Hate Religion.  Ha! The opposite...they Hate Truth if it does not go along with what the clergy has taught through the centuries.  Man has messed up the Bible for a long time and they have used it as a political means to control the masses.  I see between and behind the lines.  I have been called Satan too by many, including family.  I don't really like the words that I am going to use but they are spot ot...they are brainwashed.  I wrote an article about that on a writers place and took it down.  I don't think that I ever put it back up.  I will have to go find it today....amongst other things on my to-do list.
Back to top Go down
Realityrebel
Admin
Realityrebel

10PostSubject: Re: Origins of Daemons/Demons   Origins of Daemons/Demons EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 10:52 am

LadyG, #9, re: "I am a minister that does the same as your cousin...well not exactly, Skytiger. I go and reserach the truth of the matters and they tell me that I Hate Religion. Ha! The opposite...they Hate Truth if it does not go along with what the clergy has taught through the centuries. Man has messed up the Bible for a long time and they have used it as a political means to control the masses. I see between and behind the lines. I have been called Satan too by many, including family. I don't really like the words that I am going to use but they are spot ot...they are brainwashed. I wrote an article about that on a writers place and took it down. I don't think that I ever put it back up. I will have to go find it today....amongst other things on my to-do list."

If you haven't already posted this article here on the RR General Board, please take this as a reminder to go ahead and do so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

11PostSubject: Re: Origins of Daemons/Demons   Origins of Daemons/Demons Empty

Back to top Go down

Origins of Daemons/Demons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1